Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

Woke?

Every decent male character was replaced or overpowered by a "strong" woman. Any guy that wasn't was dumb, incompetent. Less than average put it that way. Also the union bosses sun getting his junk blown off is some feminist writers wet dream. Pure crap.

Nouseforaname
38 minutes ago, Dante said:

Every decent male character was replaced or overpowered by a "strong" woman. Any guy that wasn't was dumb, incompetent. Less than average put it that way. Also the union bosses sun getting his junk blown off is some feminist writers wet dream. Pure crap.

Umm ok.

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 5/29/2022 at 8:01 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Top Gun 2 is worth the trip to the big screen. 

This should win the Oscar for cinematography, and likely get a nomination for best picture and director.

And the call-backs to the original were perfect.  Acknowledgement of the first, without ham-handedly beating you over the head with it.  The writing and direction showed a rare sort of competence you don't often see in modern movie-making.

• Like 2
  • O Rly 1

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

This should win the Oscar for cinematography, and likely get a nomination for best picture and director.

And the call-backs to the original were perfect.  Acknowledgement of the first, without ham-handedly beating you over the head with it.  The writing and direction showed a rare sort of competence you don't often see in modern movie-making.

Agreed.

What’s hilarious to me is the big picture of the film’s development. Skydance - the money behind it and many films prior - was originally started specifically to make this movie. The head guy is a son of a billionaire who loved Top Gun so much and wanted to make a sequel that he started his own production company. The whole town laughed at him originally, no one would partner with him to make it - but they happily took his money to make other movies, including some clunkers (and some gems). Yet, Skydance chugged along. And built a relationship with Cruise, which helped make everything right’s related go smoothly. 

Sure, it took 15 years - but when he finally delivered the movie - it upended the entire industry’s perspective on what audiences want. The same industry that had been laughing at them for years.

I’m sure there are A LOT of “I told you so”s going on - in that special, Uber rich guy to slightly less Uber rich guy kinda way that this town loves - right now. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

I started The Offer

I'm a big fan of The Godfather so I was kinda curious about this series.  But then again I was kinda hesitant about watching what is effectively a 10 hour movie about the production of a 3 hour movie.

Up to episode 4 of 10 and it's pretty good.👍

• Cheers 2

Jabba The Hutt

For those of you who watched The Mandalorian and haven't watched The Book of Boba Fett yet...this is a must see. You see what happens between Boba Fett and Bib Fortuna in Jabba's palace to tease the shoe after the credits, in I believe the last episode of The Mandalorian.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

For those of you who watched The Mandalorian and haven't watched The Book of Boba Fett yet...this is a must see. You see what happens between Boba Fett and Bib Fortuna in Jabba's palace to tease the shoe after the credits, in I believe the last episode of The Mandalorian.

Book of Boba Fett S1 is Mandalorian S2.5

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Bad Word - If you even remotely like Jason Bateman, you'll dig this film. It's pretty crude at times, and yet the plot keeps you going as he portrays a 40-year-old who found a loophole in the national spelling bee world that says only students who have yet to pass eighth grade are eligible to participate. Since he never passed eighth grade, he joins the competition for his own reasons. Just a terrific flick. If you somehow don't like Bateman, you may not care for the flicks. But shit, it's edgy and funny.

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood - You watch the first 20 minutes of this flick and you think "This is incredible." Then you watch the next 30 minutes and you realize you're getting something that doesn't always work in movies: a remarkable shot of nostalgia as the backdrop from something deeper and more emotional. Hanks is incredible, but Matthew Rhys brings it full circle. It's easily one of THE single best movies I've seen in years. I can't believe I waited so long. If you watched the show growing up, and I'm sure pretty much everyone here did, you'll watch Hanks bring Mr. Rodgers to life and it is spectacular on ever level. Watch this as soon as you can.

• Like 1

Pluto (Free streaming app) has a Star Trek channel 150 running TNG episodes

Channel 152 is Stargate channel for some more classic Sci Fi

On 6/22/2022 at 11:09 PM, Nouseforaname said:

Thoughts on obi wan? 

Very mixed bag.

Each episode had one or two great scenes, surrounded by mediocrity.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
Just now, B-Man said:

Very mixed bag.

I agree.  That last battle was what should have happened on revenge of the sith.  Mustafar was crap.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Very mixed bag.

Mediocrity, poor writing, and plot holes

I did like the Vader/Anakin split personality conversation, kinda like Gollum/Smeagol.   But the half smashed helmet, they ripped off straight outta the Vader/Asoka fight from Rebels.

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, devnull said:

Mediocrity, poor writing, and plot holes

I did like the Vader/Anakin split personality conversation, kinda like Gollum/Smeagol.   But the half smashed helmet, they ripped off straight outta the Vader/Asoka fight from Rebels.

I haven’t watched rebels.  Is it any good ?

2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I haven’t watched rebels.  Is it any good ?

Yes, if you plan on keeping Disney+

Rebels will fill in the back story on the Inquisitors as well as Darksabre from Mandalorian.

But before you watch Rebels, make sure you've watched Clone Wars animated series.  Otherwise that whole Darth Maul story arc is gonna confuse the hell out you.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
55 minutes ago, devnull said:

Yes, if you plan on keeping Disney+

Rebels will fill in the back story on the Inquisitors as well as Darksabre from Mandalorian.

But before you watch Rebels, make sure you've watched Clone Wars animated series.  Otherwise that whole Darth Maul story arc is gonna confuse the hell out you.

im-kind-of-a-dork.jpg