Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

16 hours ago, RedAlice said:

Is anyone watching Orville?

I gave it a few episodes in the first season and was out. 

The odds were stacked against the show because I really don't care for the whole intergalactic space thing.

Put another way, the only two intergalactic space thingy movies that I consider any good are "Galaxy Quest" and "Spaceballs."

On 7/21/2022 at 6:47 PM, devnull said:

Haven't seen S3 yet, but I enjoyed S1 & S2

IMO, and I adore Seth, S3 is his best yet.  He has more $ for the shows and special effects. now being backed by Disney/Hulu.

A unique thing in S3, is many (if not most) of the episodes answer back to episodes in S1 & S2. Some of them can be watched as the same episodes, as two parters. 

For instance, S1 E12 (Mad Idolatry) and S3, Ep3 (Mortality Paradox) are like a little movie all by themselves if watched toghether.  

Same thing is true for: 

The Kaylon story

Gordan's fascination with 2015 in S2 E11 is followed up in S3 E6.

Really well done by Seth and Disney for S3.

On 7/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, IDBillzFan said:

I gave it a few episodes in the first season and was out. 

The odds were stacked against the show because I really don't care for the whole intergalactic space thing.

Put another way, the only two intergalactic space thingy movies that I consider any good are "Galaxy Quest" and "Spaceballs."

If you only watched the first few, you didn’t hit its stride.  Did you get to the one w Theron?  It starts to develop better after that S1 episode. 

it is absolutely not GQ or Space Balls. 

Personally, I think S3 is the best - Seth now has Disney money.  All effects and everything else is just better. 

Sorry for the “spoilers” but the show ended 9 years ago.

Just finished Breaking Bad. Great show! The acting. The writing. All around great. I love how nobody rode away “on top”. Pretty much everyone lost.

If Jesse didn’t hate death so much he’d have shot Walt. He should have shot Walt. Maybe he blamed himself for Jane’s death more than he blamed Walt. Maybe he figured Walt was going to die anyway.

Hank was my favorite character. 

Mike, too — but I like Mike better in Saul’s show.

Jesse’s acting might have been the best of everyone’s.

Edited by snafu

17 hours ago, snafu said:

Sorry for the “spoilers” but the show ended 9 years ago.

Just finished Breaking Bad. Great show! The acting. The writing. All around great. I love how nobody rode away “on top”. Pretty much everyone lost.

If Jesse didn’t hate death so much he’d have shot Walt. He should have shot Walt. Maybe he blamed himself for Jane’s death more than he blamed Walt. Maybe he figured Walt was going to die anyway.

Hank was my favorite character. 

Mike, too — but I like Mike better in Saul’s show.

Jesse’s acting might have been the best of everyone’s.

Like you said, it ended 9 years ago.  But the way I remember it...

Jesse saw that Walt wanted to die.  But Jesse was done doing Walt's bidding

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

This comes out in theaters tomorrow, then on Netflix next week: 

I'm curious about this. Early buzz is VERY good. It's directed by the Russo brothers (who did the best Captain America movie, plus Endgame/Infinity War) and based on a great book series. I like the casting choices for both Gossling and Evans - but am interested to see how much woke they try to cram into the flick. 

Hoping they don't kill what should be a great franchise.

Wifey has 45 days of Netflix free, so we signed up and watched this.  

Was OK but not great.  Wasn't really woke at all, just very much a "we need action at all times, what's this "plot" thing you refer to?"  Very good cast put into roles they performed well, just not sure how no country but the US has a 911 system because with as much #### blowing up, somebody must've called it in.

• Like 1

The Guy In Pants

We are always way behind the collective. We usually do not watch too much TV but we had to go to the cell store and they offered Netflix for free when we changed plans. The Last Kingdom is good. We watched the entire first season yesterday without realizing it. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not going to lie, I'd watch this just because it's so stupid.

I've only heard of that being done with knives.

• Haha 3

Finished Terminal List over the weekend.

If you enjoyed Amazon's Jack Ryan or Reacher, you'll enjoy Terminal List.

Plus, it seems to have worked the Woke Jacobins up in a dander

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

While Vice news is absolute trash, the channel does have some entertaining shows on it from time to time.

"The Dark Side of Comedy" just started it's first season and featured Chris Farley in episode 1.

I liked this tidbit:

Remember the Matt Foley ("I lived in a van down by the river") character:

The character was created by Bon Odenkirk pre-Farley's SNL stint.

• Like 1