Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

All the new series on the Internet and today my Amazon FireTV stream recommended

X3N0b29nZXMuanBn

I might have to squeeze in some episodes in between Better Call Saul, Kenobi, and Strange New Worlds

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oy 

There go my hopes for this one... 

It's got a helicopter in it. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oy 

There go my hopes for this one... 

The “CBS original” tag seems a bit dishonest. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shrader said:

The “CBS original” tag seems a bit dishonest. 

CBS calling anything a "CBS Original" is about as useless as when Jim Nance's in game commercials call everything on CBS "The #1 series/sitcom/drama/show." or "America's #1 series/sitcom/drama/show", or "America's new #1 series/sitcom/drama/show"

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, devnull said:

CBS calling anything a "CBS Original" is about as useless as when Jim Nance's in game commercials call everything on CBS "The #1 series/sitcom/drama/show." or "America's #1 series/sitcom/drama/show", or "America's new #1 series/sitcom/drama/show"

Beats NBC's "Original" "RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES!"

Crap Throwing Clavin

Cyrano, with Peter Dinklage.

Someone who wasn't  Lin Manuel Miranda tried to write something that isn't Hamilton.

Three penguins out of five.  I don't object to it being a musical...I object to it being a clumsy musical.  The songs contribute almost nothing to the movie.

• Haha 1

IDBillzFan
14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Cyrano, with Peter Dinklage.

Someone who wasn't  Lin Manuel Miranda tried to write something that isn't Hamilton.

Three penguins out of five.  I don't object to it being a musical...I object to it being a clumsy musical.  The songs contribute almost nothing to the movie.

Which is why I turn to "Roxanne" for my Cyrano fix. Clean, simple, with a terrifically over-the-top use of a wireless earpiece through which Martin's character feeds lines to Chris so he can speak to Roxanne more eloquently.

• Like 2

IDBillzFan

The new Norm MacDonald bit on Netflix "Nothing Special" is absolutely fantastic. He did it behind a mic in one take, and at the end, they pull back and have a post-show group discussing it including David Chapelle, David Letterman, David Spade, Conan O'Brien, Adam Sandler and Molly Shannon.

I have not watch the post-show commentary, but there are so many laugh-out-loud moments, I can't say enough. Just watch it. From cannibalism to his mother's tits, it's a good thing he's dead because he would be cancelled very quickly. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

4merper4mer

I expected Stranger Things 4 to have solidly have jumped the shark and to royally suck.  

It. Did. Not.  It has been very good and there are a few really amazing well written scenes.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I expected Stranger Things 4 to have solidly have jumped the shark and to royally suck.  

It. Did. Not.  It has been very good and there are a few really amazing well written scenes.

I agree.

They kind of went back to the basics of the first season.

It was very entertaining.

18 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Russia stuff is the only thing to me that approaches the shark. Hopefully it ties in at some point. 

• Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
On 6/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, 4merper4mer said:

It really was very good, not to mention that when the last episode ended, I had that same pissed off feeling I got at the end of whichever Marvel Avengers movie ended when good guys were dead aeveryone died and the big rock dude got all the stones.

Except instead of having to wait an entire season, they'll pick it back up on July 1, which  is a trend I hope other shows follow. There's a reason I stopped watching Ms. Maisel, which was a terrific show. The connection was gone because of the wait.

• Like 1

Keukasmallie

Well, in the hopes of being excused if gentle readers find my viewing "pleasure" unacceptable, I've been married to a Yankee fan for sixty-three years.  Thus, I've suffered through somewhere in the neighborhood of ten thousand Yankee games.  To be completely fair, however, I have control of the TV from 11:15 PM on, barring  west coast trips and extra inning games; and I spend most summer evenings fishing.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

Well, in the hopes of being excused if gentle readers find my viewing "pleasure" unacceptable, I've been married to a Yankee fan for sixty-three years.  Thus, I've suffered through somewhere in the neighborhood of ten thousand Yankee games.  To be completely fair, however, I have control of the TV from 11:15 PM on, barring  west coast trips and extra inning games; and I spend most summer evenings fishing.

Congratulations on such a long and happy marriage! 🥂
And my condolences on having to watch baseball. :hug:

On 5/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, Nouseforaname said:

To be honest I hated the whole season.  I can get some unexpected twists or escape from reality but the truth is, this entire family would have been disintegrated long before many of the events of the season happened.  

First season was great. Then the usual happened. Got more woke as it went along. 3rd season was a chore for me to get through. Sickening

Nouseforaname
12 minutes ago, Dante said:

First season was great. Then the usual happened. Got more woke as it went along. 3rd season was a chore for me to get through. Sickening

Woke?