Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

13 hours ago, mead107 said:

Glad I will be gone when the next ice age hits after a huge meteorite hits China. 

Oh pshaw! It'll probably be Yellowstone going off and you are much closer to that.

• Wow 1

11 hours ago, devnull said:

Can you pick up Orlando TV OTA?  Channel 26.3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOTF-TV

That is just a little bit too far, from the article the transmitter might be even closer to Daytona. Have a 60 mile antenna that actually does pull in quite a few of the locals. Also in that article it looks like there was some shuffling at the end of the year so I'll have to go through the guide and see whats new and whats out.

Like I mentioned though... we do have Comet on Sling Blue. I also noticed that NBC sports is kaput and shifted some of their coverage to USA and one other one. I'll probably look into all of this more on Tuesday when I drop Sling Orange... only keep that one during football season for MNF.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:53 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

I liked it a lot, what do you think?

Seemed a little slow to start, but I'll keep watching.  

9 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

I'll probably look into all of this more on Tuesday when I drop Sling Orange... only keep that one during football season for MNF.

I think ESPN carries a game on wildcard weekend so you may want to hold on to it for a couple more weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I think ESPN carries a game on wildcard weekend so you may want to hold on to it for a couple more weeks.

Yep

Gonna cancel Hulu on the 18th

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Hulu is expensive isn't it?

Yep

Getting to the point where live streaming services cost as much as traditional cable plans

17 minutes ago, devnull said:

Yep

Getting to the point where live streaming services cost as much as traditional cable plans

You might try Sling for ESPN. It is somewhat less expensive.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

I'm seeing conflicting reports on this... idk.

CBS and NBC will broadcast two Super Wild Card Weekend games apiece, while FOX and ESPN/ABC will each have one during the 2021 postseason slate. The Monday night broadcaster is yet to be determined.

The NFL expanded the playoffs last season for the first time since 1990, adding a third wild card team in each conference. The expansion was the genesis for Super Wild Card Weekend, featuring playoff tripleheaders on Saturday and Sunday. Beginning this postseason, Super Wild Card Weekend will feature a pair of games on Saturday (4:35 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. ET), three on Sunday (1:05 p.m., 4:40 p.m., and 8:15 p.m. ET), and the finale on Monday (8:15 p.m. ET).

https://www.nfl.com/news/super-wild-card-weekend-to-include-monday-night-game

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

You might try Sling for ESPN. It is somewhat less expensive.

I watch alot of College Football, so I also need Fox Sports.  Combining Sling Blue and Orange is about the same as Hulu or Fubo

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, devnull said:

Yep

I've been slowly falling into the sinkhole of paying for both.  I really should cut the cable cord.

Family watched "Don't Look Up" last night. It was much more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Probably unsurprisingly, about half way through the movie, we realized we were all cheering for the comet.

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Family watched "Don't Look Up" last night. It was much more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

Probably unsurprisingly, about half way through the movie, we realized we were all cheering for the comet.

Haven't seen it, but every review I've read about it basically states "This is a satire criticizing everyone but me!"  Which I find absolutely hilarious.

And I'm sure, when I do watch it, I'll find it's a satire mocking everyone but me, of course.

On 1/4/2022 at 4:01 PM, devnull said:

Just caught the first 3 episodes of 1883.  Definitely worth watching 

Thanks....on my priority list.  All I needed to see was Sam Elliott.

Watched, 'The Hunt' the other day. I wasn't going to because of everything that was said about it but I thought I'd give it a go. There are so many underlying currents to the story, I was amazed that someone had not only the gumption to write it but that it was actually produced and made. I think I would have to watch it again to delve deeper into those many underpinnings but don't know that I was all that enthralled to do so again. 

Probably be a sequel out at some point.

On 1/2/2022 at 6:16 PM, Foxx said:

I looked at the local ABC guide for the next 10 days and the Monday night game is indeed on ABC... so I dropped Orange yesterday... forgot to do it during the week.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

I looked at the local ABC guide for the next 10 days and the Monday night game is indeed on ABC... so I dropped Orange yesterday... forgot to do it during the week.

I guess todays games are on ABC as well.

:thumb:

28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I guess todays games are on ABC as well.

:thumb:

Yep, just looked. Late game seems pretty meaningless though... they'll probably both sit starters at least at some point.

• Like 1