Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Nouseforaname
On 4/29/2022 at 1:28 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

This is a surprising review - but I've heard it from more than one person. Still not sure I buy it, but I guess I'll check it out now to see... 

Can’t see myself sitting through this.  Maybe next winter when we’re going through lockdown #26

Deranged Rhino
13 hours ago, Meazza said:

Can’t see myself sitting through this.  Maybe next winter when we’re going through lockdown #26

That's how I've been since this sequel was announced. And part of me still thinks my friends are pranking me somehow saying it's really good... :shrug:

Cruise does know how to make a good popcorn movie though. Even his "bad" movies are usually pretty decent. I'll take one for the team and check it out at some point and report back. :beer: 

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino

This guy's not everyone's cup of tea - but his reviews are pretty funny if angry. :classic_laugh: 

(spoilers for the series, so tread carefully if you haven't seen it yet) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Deranged Rhino

So... this is happening. Want to feel old? I give you Harry Potter playing Weird Al in his bio-pic. 

FYI if it hasn’t been mentioned in this thread already, Ratcliffe’s TBS series Miracle Workers is actually &#%$ing hilarious. It’s an anthology series, every season is a completely different story and characters (with the same actors in new roles). Season one is about the afterlife - and Steve Buscemi plays God. Don’t think I need to say more than that...

• Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino

Season 5 of Cobra Kai drops in September. First trailer below. If you were a fan of the Karate Kid movies growing up, the series is worth checking out. It's surprisingly good (and quick - 4 10 episode seasons). 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 5/7/2022 at 2:02 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Season 5 of Cobra Kai drops in September. First trailer below. If you were a fan of the Karate Kid movies growing up, the series is worth checking out. It's surprisingly good (and quick - 4 10 episode seasons). 

Does it have any African trans neuroatypical characters?

If not...hard pass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Deranged Rhino
18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

If not...hard pass.

For a Netflix show, surprisingly no. I put it down to the fact the first three seasons were on YouTube, only season 4 was produced by Netflix (and yes, they add more of “the message” in season 4). 

The first two seasons especially have a lot of fun at “the message’s” expense since William Zabka’s character basically never evolved from 1984 - and spends a lot of his early time bitching at kids about it. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 1

I know that it is far from a new show, and is on commercial television.

But I just want to mention that the Blacklist is so much better this year now that they have "eliminated" one of the main characters, who bogged down the show for years.

Just give me 45 minutes of James Spader being Raymond Reddington and I'm happy.

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

To be honest I hated the whole season.  I can get some unexpected twists or escape from reality but the truth is, this entire family would have been disintegrated long before many of the events of the season happened.  

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:56 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

For a Netflix show, surprisingly no. I put it down to the fact the first three seasons were on YouTube, only season 4 was produced by Netflix (and yes, they add more of “the message” in season 4). 

The first two seasons especially have a lot of fun at “the message’s” expense since William Zabka’s character basically never evolved from 1984 - and spends a lot of his early time bitching at kids about it. 

The Johnny dating segments were hilarious.  "I hate the Patriots too" (2:30) is a classic.

On 5/10/2022 at 5:49 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

If not...hard pass.

Discriminating against Asian trans neuroatypical characters now?

Tsk. Tsk.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

True Lies series coming to CBS. 

If anything, the world needed a true movie sequel to this with Cameron and Arnold. Not a series, and certainly not a series on a traditional network. 

...I'll still check out the pilot.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/true-lies-series-cbs-1235266548/

it was genuinely surprising how enjoyable Tom Arnold was in that movie, playing off Schwarzenegger. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

it was genuinely surprising how enjoyable Tom Arnold was in that movie, playing off Schwarzenegger. 

He can actually pull off 2nd banana pretty well.  Just don't ask him to do ANYTHING beyond that.  (Kind of an updated Bill Daily.)  

Wonder how he'd be on Match Game?

• Like 2

Robs House
On 5/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

This guy's not everyone's cup of tea - but his reviews are pretty funny if angry. :classic_laugh: 

(spoilers for the series, so tread carefully if you haven't seen it yet) 

I love that guy. A friend turned me on to him a few weeks ago and I've been burning through the backlog ever since.

• Like 2

4merper4mer
On 5/12/2022 at 4:57 PM, Meazza said:

To be honest I hated the whole season.  I can get some unexpected twists or escape from reality but the truth is, this entire family would have been disintegrated long before many of the events of the season happened.  

I agree that it was a big letdown.  I thought the acting was still good but the story arc sucked.

There were enough positives that I still enjoyed watching it.  For me:

The kid who played Wyatt, ghost Wyatt in these episodes, was really good and should have a future.

The holy shit moment when I realized Wendy’s dad was John Boy from The Waltons

Ruth, Wendy, Omar, Marty acting was solid.

There was more, I forgot.

As for the story I would have been happy if at any point in the final half season someone just put a bullet in Wendy’s head, stared directly into the camera and said: Series over.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Joe Miner said:

Is anyone watching Outer Range on Amazon?

I am.

It's very good.

Lots of twists.