Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

6 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Not something I really have a taste for.

I figured it would be something you could sink your teeth into.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
42 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Still binge-watching this on Hulu - up to season 4.  They don't make TV like this anymore.

Had a job interview last week; one of the interview questions was "What's the last series you streamed."  I told him "Cheers."  He said "But that's not a real series."  He caught a large measure of shit for that from me and his bosses.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Still binge-watching this on Hulu - up to season 4.  They don't make TV like this anymore.

Had a job interview last week; one of the interview questions was "What's the last series you streamed."  I told him "Cheers."  He said "But that's not a real series."  He caught a large measure of shit for that from me and his bosses.  

Have the full series on DVD.  Waited FOREVER for seasons 9-11 to finally get released, but they eventually got around to it.  Apparently, the issue was seasons 7 & 8 didn't sell well.  Not surprising, 8 was probably the weakest of the whole series.  (Though it was still so much better than most everything on today.)

But they turned the quality back up after that & season 11, especially the final 10 episodes, was really good.

Still my favorite TV series.

• Cheers 1

Not out yet, but WILL be watching this. Really dig David Harbour from "Stranger Things," and while this really feels 'wrong,' it has the humor to be right.

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
On 10/6/2022 at 11:40 AM, IDBillzFan said:

Not out yet, but WILL be watching this. Really dig David Harbour from "Stranger Things," and while this really feels 'wrong,' it has the humor to be right.

Looks good.  Is it me or did the preview give away too much ?

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 10/6/2022 at 11:40 AM, IDBillzFan said:

I don't know how you have the line "Santa Claus is coming to town," and not change it to "Santa Claus is GOING to town."

And I like how they're making a parody about Santa basically being a violent mercenary...but still have to have the multi-racial family to be politically correct.  :classic_laugh:

• Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I don't know how you have the line "Santa Claus is coming to town," and not change it to "Santa Claus is GOING to town."

And I like how they're making a parody about Santa basically being a violent mercenary...but still have to have the multi-racial family to be politically correct.  :classic_laugh:

And then made the Latino dude to be the bad guy.

The woke are going to be all kinds of confused.

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

And then made the Latino dude to be the bad guy.

The woke are going to be all kinds of confused.

Latinx.  You mean Latinx, you racist.

A Latinx guy terrorizing a white male and his black wife and child.  I plan on milking this for all the anti-immigrant mockery I can tweet at progressives. 

Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

A Latinx guy terrorizing a white male and his black wife and child.  I plan on milking this for all the anti-immigrant mockery I can tweet at progressives. 

If you're going to go there, the whole point of Latinx is to not assume that just because he's a guy doesn't mean he's a guy.

But YOU tell John Leguizamo you think he's a chick. :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And when you speak the word Latinx you have to over pronounce it like a woke white woman

Lah-teen-ex (rhymes with Kleenex)

• 4 weeks later...
The Guy In Pants

Had a movie night last night with my wife’s grandparents and her uncles. 

The rest of her cousins are upset at the family because they haven’t been able to take advantage of the grandparents anymore so they didn’t come. 

C8AB3127-6F35-4FF0-87E0-35E50F504618.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Palonis Halloween special.  

From the creators of Rick and Morty.  And if you pay attention there a subtle reference this is set in Rick and Morty S6 Universe

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, devnull said:

I signed up yesterday and started House of Dragon

The chick playing the princess looks like somebody put a Targaryian wig on the banjo kid from Deliverence

I'll get to that but I'm too busy right now to be able to binge it like I like to do. Westworld is on the list as well.

In the meantime, I love to watch movies. Watched Moonfall last night. I enjoyed it but was somewhat surprised that it had top billing stars aligned with the backstory of the moon being an artificial construct. For me, that aspect is just as interesting.

• Like 1

Top Gun Maverick released on DVD & 4K recently.  Bought it for wifey, so should be watching that sometime in the near future.  Need to work it in around a Sabres or Bills game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino

I'm in awe of this - but not in the way the trailer wants me to be. 

"It's how hard you believe" might be one of the best/worst lines in Razzie history.

• Like 1