Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Crap Throwing Clavin

Wife: *watching Grease*

Me: My God, has there ever been a more annoying musical than Grease?

Wife: *turns on Mamma Mia!*

Shows what she knows.  I hope she never discovers Paint Your Wagon.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Shows what she knows.  I hope she never discovers Paint Your Wagon.

seberg-profimedia-0286334352_sip-galerie  "Lets do a musical"

:whistling:

• Haha 3

Jabba The Hutt
On 3/17/2023 at 7:00 PM, devnull said:

Mandalorian Season 3, Episode 3.  Second scene

Kinda gave me a chubby

Z2lm.gif

It's ok... you're off the hook, Baby Yoda is technically at least 50 years old!

57 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

It's ok... you're off the hook, Baby Yoda is technically at least 50 years old!

Which is still younger than Bo Katan should be

(Nerd math)

The Mandalorian is set about 5 years after the destruction of the Second Death Star

The Second Death Star was destroyed about 5 years after the destruction of the First Death Star

The First Death Star was the location of the final battle between Darth Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi.  Kenobi was about 60 years old at the time of the battle

Kenobi, who would have therefore been about 70 years old at the time The Mandalorian takes place, had a fling with the Duchess of Mandalore as a young padawan

Bo Katan is the younger sister of the Duchess of Mandalore, which should put her somewhere in her 60s.

• Haha 3

4merper4mer

Ok just watched The Whale and I agree with the consensus about Brendan Fraser’s performance.  Very deserving.

The movie itself had a simple but profound premise that was well delivered.

I’ll also say that the small cast was excellent.  The Christian kid, the nurse and his ex all killed it but the talent of this kid Sadie Sink….from Stranger Things…..is way way way off the charts.  Without a performance like hers the movie would have been far less.  She’s just a kid and I hope Hollywood doesn’t ruin her.  She’s a special talent.

• Love 1

Jabba The Hutt
42 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ok just watched The Whale and I agree with the consensus about Brendan Fraser’s performance.  Very deserving.

The movie itself had a simple but profound premise that was well delivered.

I’ll also say that the small cast was excellent.  The Christian kid, the nurse and his ex all killed it but the talent of this kid Sadie Sink….from Stranger Things…..is way way way off the charts.  Without a performance like hers the movie would have been far less.  She’s just a kid and I hope Hollywood doesn’t ruin her.  She’s a special talent.

Great movie, great to see Brendan Frazier again.

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, devnull said:

Which is still younger than Bo Katan should be

(Nerd math)

The Mandalorian is set about 5 years after the destruction of the Second Death Star

The Second Death Star was destroyed about 5 years after the destruction of the First Death Star

The First Death Star was the location of the final battle between Darth Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi.  Kenobi was about 60 years old at the time of the battle

Kenobi, who would have therefore been about 70 years old at the time The Mandalorian takes place, had a fling with the Duchess of Mandalore as a young padawan

Bo Katan is the younger sister of the Duchess of Mandalore, which should put her somewhere in her 60s.

And all that makes more sense then “somehow, palpatine returned.”

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

And all that makes more sense then “somehow, palpatine returned.”

Something something something Dark Side

Something something something get vaccinated

Something something something complete

Nouseforaname
7 hours ago, devnull said:

Something something something Dark Side

Something something something get vaccinated

Something something something complete

The vaccine has midichlorians.

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
On 3/17/2023 at 7:00 PM, devnull said:

Mandalorian Season 3, Episode 3.  Second scene

Kinda gave me a chubby

Z2lm.gif

I got a full pants tent when Pedro and Grogu were gathering IG-11 back up...then got depressed quickly:crying3: Better be worth the teasing! R5 needs a companion.

• 2 weeks later...
Deranged Rhino

Not sure how this is going to be re-worked with Gunn taking over the DCU, but the trailer looked better than I thought it would. I'm a fan of the lead actor - though, I have never read the comic. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not sure how this is going to be re-worked with Gunn taking over the DCU, but the trailer looked better than I thought it would. I'm a fan of the lead actor - though, I have never read the comic. 

But...are they still trying, and failing, to chase the MCU?  At least when the MCU started, they started with characters of some sort of name recognition - people may not have read Iron Man, Captain America, or Thor comics, but they knew they existed.

But who the &#%$ is Blue Beetle?  Or Black Adam, for that matter?  MCU didn't start rolling out "Who the &#%$ is this?" characters until Phase 4.  

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But...are they still trying, and failing, to chase the MCU?  At least when the MCU started, they started with characters of some sort of name recognition - people may not have read Iron Man, Captain America, or Thor comics, but they knew they existed.

But who the &#%$ is Blue Beetle?  Or Black Adam, for that matter?  MCU didn't start rolling out "Who the &#%$ is this?" characters until Phase 4.  

And.... why is Batman a fascist?

That end line seems to be causing a stir. :lol: 

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

And.... why is Batman a fascist?

That end line seems to be causing a stir. :lol: 

Because he's rich.  Duh. 

Blue &#%$ing Beetle is the hero Gotham deserves, but doesn't need.

• Haha 3

It just dawned on me that I remember hearing about a Black Bolt epic and wondered what ever became of it. After Googling, I discovered that there was an ABC series, The Inhumans, produced and broadcast back in 2017 (where the hell have I been?). Additionally, I guess he was in the second Dr. Strange movie (guess I have to see that one now).

And, the Inhumans have their own MCU epic coming out on Sept 1st.

After Thor, Black Bolt was probably my favorite Marvel character.

• Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

It just dawned on me that I remember hearing about a Black Bolt epic and wondered what ever became of it. After Googling, I discovered that there was an ABC series, The Inhumans, produced and broadcast back in 2017 (where the hell have I been?). Additionally, I guess he was in the second Dr. Strange movie (guess I have to see that one now).

And, the Inhumans have their own MCU epic coming out on Sept 1st.

After Thor, Black Bolt was probably my favorite Marvel character.

The second Strange was loaded with potential but did not live up to it (imo). 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1