Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

Deranged Rhino

"Hate Watching" - a real marketing strategy being deployed as "the message" gets more and more negative feedback from audiences... 

It's insane.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"This doesn't sound like a character the audience is really gonna connect with."

"Oh, they will."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, 'cause she's the main character so they really don't have a choice."

That is an unimaginable exchange that, nevertheless, I can absolutely imagine being said in a pitch meeting somewhere.  :classic_laugh: 

• Haha 1

I hate TV. I spend more time searching for something barely acceptable to watch than I do actually watching something. Not sure I'm up for watching Bills games from this past season (the Cincy game killed me), so it's going to be an especially long off-season here. :classic_sad:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Hate Watching" - a real marketing strategy being deployed as "the message" gets more and more negative feedback from audiences... 

It's insane.

It's why I've watched Suicide Squad about nine times.  

Except that's more watching as an example of how not to make a movie (20 minutes of character introductions while watching Viola Davis eat a steak.  :facepalm:).  But I still consider it hate-watching.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I hate TV. I spend more time searching for something barely acceptable to watch than I do actually watching something. Not sure I'm up for watching Bills games from this past season (the Cincy game killed me), so it's going to be an especially long off-season here. :classic_sad:

I'm watching Castle reruns and hockey right now.  After Castle...I don't know, maybe Firefly again?  

There's nothing currently airing that I want to watch.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm watching Castle reruns and hockey right now.  After Castle...I don't know, maybe Firefly again?  

I have a few that I have been saving to binge, like the last season of Better Call Saul. But the problem with bingeing is then, wtf do I watch next week.

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's insane.

So, so, so, so, so....

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The Last of Us has been pretty good so far if you're not burned out on Pedro being in everything. It's only 3 episodes in - I didn't play much of the game, but enough to know most of the big plot points coming, and it's still been pretty entertaining. 

So Help Me Todd isn't terrible if you're looking for a new mystery-of-the-week show, it's from one of the main guys from Psych and has that energy, albeit not close to as good. 

Ghosts on CBS has been fun too - the BBC original (three seasons I think with the specials) is worth the watch too, the American version has finally broken free from its predecessor. 

I haven't watched yet, but everyone tells me I'm going to love Tulsa King on Paramount+... 

But it's grim out there at the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ghosts on CBS has been fun too - the BBC original (three seasons I think with the specials) is worth the watch too, the American version has finally broken free from its predecessor. 

I really dislike the two leads (the house owners), but like the rest of the cast. I have been amazed at how they have expanded ghosts, and still have lines for all. This is the only current TV program I watch on the big four. When did a TV season go down to 18 episodes?

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'm going through this guy's Pitch Meeting channel right now...and holy shit, I know She-Hulk is insipid, but is it really this insipid?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Deranged Rhino
40 minutes ago, Ann said:

I really dislike the two leads (the house owners), but like the rest of the cast. I have been amazed at how they have expanded ghosts, and still have lines for all. This is the only current TV program I watch on the big four. When did a TV season go down to 18 episodes?

I'm with you there, they've grown on me since season one a bit but I really prefer the OG British cast of the livings. 

Those shorter episode orders are a BIG reason why there's (almost certainly) going to be a Writer's Guild strike this year. It's partly because of the streaming boom - mostly because the networks found ways to pay less for more content (by shortening seasons but ordering more content - which for the writers suck because though it means more overall jobs, people have to work multiple shows just to make what they were making a few years ago working one show). It's going to be ugly... hopefully short, but ugly. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
45 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm going through this guy's Pitch Meeting channel right now...and holy shit, I know She-Hulk is insipid, but is it really this insipid?

Is it your first time checking his stuff out? It's a hilarious concept and just perfectly executed. :classic_laugh: 

And, yes. Yes it was. And I'm a big fan of so many people involved. It has moments that are pretty great, but not enough and overall it's just muddled. And in terms of bigger MCU cannon implications - it pretty much breaks it. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Is it your first time checking his stuff out? It's a hilarious concept and just perfectly executed. :classic_laugh: 

And, yes. Yes it was. And I'm a big fan of so many people involved. It has moments that are pretty great, but not enough and overall it's just muddled. And in terms of bigger MCU cannon implications - it pretty much breaks it. 

Never seen it before now.  His videos are tight.  

And he seems so effortless in them.  Like these are super easy, barely an inconvenience.

• Haha 2
  • FANtastic 2

Deranged Rhino
3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Never seen it before now.  His videos are tight.  

And he seems so effortless in them.  Like these are super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Highly recommend binging a bunch - especially the franchises. You'll love it.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Highly recommend binging a bunch - especially the franchises. You'll love it.

Watched the John Wick pitches. 

"You're going to explain everything, though."

"No."

"Is there a love interest?"

"No."

"You're making it really hard for me to ruin this movie!"

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Watched the John Wick pitches. 

"You're going to explain everything, though."

"No."

"Is there a love interest?"

"No."

"You're making it really hard for me to ruin this movie!"

"and then they kill his dog"

(long pause)

"well, someone is going to have to pay for that"

"oh, don't worry sir, that's pretty much the rest of the movie"

😂

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"and then they kill his dog"

(long pause)

"well, someone is going to have to pay for that"

"oh, don't worry sir, that's pretty much the rest of the movie"

😂

We are starting to rewatch them because hubby wants to see 4.  You’ve pretty much given the synopsis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jabba The Hutt
4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Last of Us has been pretty good so far if you're not burned out on Pedro being in everything. It's only 3 episodes in - I didn't play much of the game, but enough to know most of the big plot points coming, and it's still been pretty entertaining. 

So Help Me Todd isn't terrible if you're looking for a new mystery-of-the-week show, it's from one of the main guys from Psych and has that energy, albeit not close to as good. 

I haven't watched yet, but everyone tells me I'm going to love Tulsa King on Paramount+... 

But it's grim out there at the moment. 

Can you please punch the d-bag in the nuts that decided to do what they did with Ron Swanson? The best acting of his career and they tarnished it with their LGBTQIF+++ shit... I can't get that shit out of my nightmares, also at the same time:crying3:

• Like 1