Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What are we watching/recommend ?

Teddy KGB

I watched WW84 Saturday on HBOMAX.  My recommendation is to skip to the middle of the ending credits for the easter egg/cameo and don't bother with the rest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bdutton said:

I watched WW84 Saturday on HBOMAX.  My recommendation is to skip to the middle of the ending credits for the easter egg/cameo and don't bother with the rest.

Damn - left the theater too soon.  Care to share what it was?

On 12/28/2020 at 1:44 PM, Just Joshin said:

Damn - left the theater too soon.  Care to share what it was?

Lynda Carter appeared. It was a good Easter egg.

Just finished the final 10 episodes of Vikings.  I wasn't impressed 🥱

But if you've invested into the series up to this point, worth watching for some resolution

On 12/10/2020 at 12:02 PM, IDBillzFan said:

She got the Cybil Shepherd video filter effect long before Cybil Shepherd even thought about being on "Moonlighting."

And if you think you want to binge watch "Moonlighting" now, you may want to think twice.  Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD sell on Amazon for $125.

Dayum.  

Wonder what some idiot would pay for a nearly new copy?

Saw the full Hill Street Blues series at Wally World.  Started watching that to fall asleep to, but that's not working out so well.  Might have to start watching it while working out instead. Series still holds up well, IMHO.

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Dayum.  

Wonder what some idiot would pay for a nearly new copy?

Saw the full Hill Street Blues series at Wally World.  Started watching that to fall asleep to, but that's not working out so well.  Might have to start watching it while working out instead. Series still holds up well, IMHO.

Whenever I hear the term dirt bag I see this image:
BRUCE WEITZ HILL STREET BLUES (1981 Stock Photo - Alamy

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 2

BTW, watched in Spring I think. The Great on Hulu was pretty damn entertaining. Different than most any show. Looks like a period piece about Catherine the great, but it is most definitely not typical. Give it an episode to decide if it is for you. I loved  it. 

Edited by plenzmd1

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Queens gambit and Cobra Kai both killed it.   

the former more than the latter 

Need to watch Gambit. Watched Cobra first 2 episodes on YouTube when it first came out.  No thanks

was same with Schitts Creek for me. Watched when it first came out cause I love the leads. Quit after 3 episodes. Tries watching again a few weeks ago, gave it to midway through 2nd season. Still do not get the appeal. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 7:33 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Need to watch Gambit. Watched Cobra first 2 episodes on YouTube when it first came out.  No thanks

was same with Schitts Creek for me. Watched when it first came out cause I love the leads. Quit after 3 episodes. Tries watching again a few weeks ago, gave it to midway through 2nd season. Still do not get the appeal. 

Yeah, just couldn’t get in to Shitts Creek. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mead107 said:

It sucked. 

Did not look at all compelling from the teaser trailer I saw. Ted Danson should retire and just go away. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 7:33 AM, plenzmd1 said:

That show started off really slow, but it gets better and you really don’t need to see every episode.  My wife has been watching it and I check in.  Catherine O’Hara and Levy’s son are the two best in that show.

Just now, snafu said:

That show started off really slow, but it gets better and you really don’t need to see every episode.  My wife has been watching it and I check in.  Catherine O’Hara and Levy’s son are the two best in that show.

I have loved her since Beetlejuice, and how great were they in Best of Show. That show is just not doing it for me. 

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have loved her since Beetlejuice, and how great were they in Best of Show. That show is just not doing it for me. 

I get that.  Wife and I watched the first season together and kept saying it wasn’t cutting it.  But the ball eventually got rolling. Another good thing about that show is that the episodes are real short.  You don’t need to invest a lot of time with it.

• Like 1