Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Maybe I've never expressed this out loud, but if you ever wonder what it takes to be sports journalist or commentator, let me be clear and show you the list of things required:

1. Social media account
  2. Computer
  3. Internet access
  4. Ability to complete a full sentence

That's it.

Don't believe me?

He argues you go all in right now because somehow this is the only thing the team needs AND this is the only window the team will have because of Josh's contract  AND because the rest of the league is "in flux."

Any dumb mutherphkcer can do this job. Any one. And they do.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Maybe I've never expressed this out loud, but if you ever wonder what it takes to be sports journalist or commentator, let me be clear and show you the list of things required:

1. Social media account
  2. Computer
  3. Internet access
  4. Ability to complete a full sentence

That's it.

I dispute #4.

I also can dispute #2, since a cell phone will probably suffice.  But there's no evidence to support #4.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

He argues you go all in right now because somehow this is the only thing the team needs AND this is the only window the team will have because of Josh's contract  AND because the rest of the league is "in flux."

Didn't I say that early in the off-season, in TYTT's bad takes thread?

My sarcasm and mockery can barely keep up with people's lunacy these days.

• Haha 3

How the Bills could improve at the trade deadline: Jerry Jeudy, Josh Jacobs or Andre Dillard?

Potential options:

Josh Jacobs, Raiders — This one might raise some eyebrows, especially since Jacobs just proved why Las Vegas should extend him. But the fourth-year running back would be a game-breaker in the Bills offense. His ferocious running style is something the Bills don’t have, and his 54-catch season in 2021 shows he can be more than just an early-down rusher. He has been one of the best backs in the league this season, so why would the Raiders want to move him? The franchise decided against giving Jacobs a fifth-year option, making him a free agent in March. A loss this weekend to the Saints would put the Raiders at 2-5, and at that point, it might be in their best interest to move Jacobs for a good, immediate draft pick return. It would be more appealing than hoping he stays healthy the rest of the way and if so, getting a delayed compensatory pick in 2024 — if they even qualify for one.

From a Bills perspective, this is a perfect scenario if it isn’t too costly. They would get an impact running back, giving them another edge on offense. Jacobs is in the final year of his contract, still on his rookie deal, and the Bills would only owe roughly $1.25 million more to their salary cap to add him. However, with some concerns about their salary cap in 2023 as several veteran salaries balloon, the Jacobs acquisition would give them the best of all worlds. It all comes down to the Raiders’ losing this weekend and how much they would want, but the Bills could be motivated after not landing McCaffrey.

Kareem Hunt, Browns — Hunt would provide more of a pass-catching element than Jacobs, and he would likely cost less to acquire, but that’s about all of the advantages the Bills would get in a trade for Hunt. He’s in the final year of his deal but would cost more on their cap the rest of the season than Jacobs. Hunt would add about $2.79 million to the Bills’ 2022 cap between his remaining base salary and per-game roster bonuses. But the most critical factor, bar none, is Hunt’s incident in 2018 when he kicked and shoved a woman, which was captured on video. The Bills would have to feel fully comfortable trading for him, but given that they have stayed away from players with a domestic violence history that they knew about ahead of time, it casts a lot of doubt on adding him to the roster.

Antonio Gibson, Commanders — This option would cost the least of the three, but would also be the least impactful. Gibson has fallen out of favor with the Commanders and is one of three backs they use, similar to the Bills’ running back setup to begin the year. He was a college receiver, and people wonder what could have been given his raw talent, but it would be hard to picture him stepping in and taking over the running backs room with how he lost his starting job in Washington. If the Bills were intent on moving on from Moss, maybe there’s a spot for Gibson, but it might be a little forced.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rochesterny said:

This an area they need to really pick up in second tier of season. Josh I believe and correct me if I’m wrong is our leading rusher.

Yes, Josh is but it is sorta unfair to our running backs since they rarely run other than in the first half of games. It seems like they run early in a game and then Dorsey figures that the running game is established and they don't need to run anymore. 

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, Josh is but it is sorta unfair to our running backs since they rarely run other than in the first half of games. It seems like they run early in a game and then Dorsey figures that the running game is established and they don't need to run anymore. 

Even if that is the case what is frustrating to see one play running back get a nice gain of 5, 7, 10 yd. The. Take a negative play or no gain. When needed for short yardage for first down it is 50/50 shot. That is my take on what I see. I could be wrong but that is what I am seeing. Interested to hear what you think. There is no consistency.

But, Dorsey needs to figure to balance offense just a little. If not other team will not respect the run will focus on passing making that more difficult for others on offense

Edited by Rochesterny

19 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Even if that is the case what is frustrating to see one play running back get a nice gain of 5, 7, 10 yd. The. Take a negative play or no gain. When needed for short yardage for first down it is 50/50 shot. That is my take on what I see. I could be wrong but that is what I am seeing. Interested to hear what you think. There is no consistency.

But, Dorsey needs to figure to balance offense just a little. If not other team will not respect the run will focus on passing making that more difficult for others on offense

It appears that they need to do a little more or a better job of self scouting. A great OC or DC will have alternate plans ready to go based on their opponent's adjustments. They need to have plans ready to go based on what the other team is going to do to counter whatever the Bills are doing. My impression is that the Bills are slow to change when their opponent adjusts to what they are doing. They have been coming out after halftime with a decent lead acting as if the other team isn't going to make changes. My impression is that our defense makes adjustments much quicker than our offense. Teams might move the ball on us early in the game but basically find it much harder after that. 

Injuries and weather aside, our team is built on getting a big enough lead to force the other team to become one dimensional and allow our dogs on defense to rush and make their passing game ineffectual. Lately we have had halftime leads but they never were big enough to force the other team to forget about their rushing game. Our offense hasn't done anything in the 2nd half and has given the other teams too much of an opportunity to control the ball and catch up to us. Add mistakes like interceptions and we end up giving the game away. 

We can't win every game 38-3 so we'd better learn how to play smart and be happy with winning some games 27-17. 

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

so what is the problem with getting Hines some touches with the offense?

how hard is it to run fast?

he can't run plays any worse than McKenzie

They tried to sign the guy from Washington, drafted Cook, traded for Hines.....all guys known for catching balls out of the backfield.  But somehow between Dorsey and Allen, they almost never throw the ball to a RB.  I don't get it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

They tried to sign the guy from Washington, drafted Cook, traded for Hines.....all guys known for catching balls out of the backfield.  But somehow between Dorsey and Allen, they almost never throw the ball to a RB.  I don't get it.

I think its easy to overlook poor game planning and play calling when you have a QB that helps disguise the problem with the skill set of Josh Allen IMO. The one man wrecking ball can do it all.

So he does...   

57 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think its easy to overlook poor game planning and play calling when you have a QB that helps disguise the problem with the skill set of Josh Allen IMO. The one man wrecking ball can do it all.

So he does...   

Yup, pretty much what I said after the last game.  When the whole game plan is little more than ‘run around and make a play Josh’, that’s eventually going to lead to him trying to do too much.

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

Good thing our signing of him fell through.

Commanders’ J.D. McKissic placed on IR with neck injury: Source

Washington Commanders running back J.D. McKissic was placed on the injured reserve list with a neck injury, a team source confirmed to The Athletic on Saturday. NFL Network first reported the news.

Assuming that he would have still been injured if he had signed with he Bills is rather far fetched. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Assuming that he would have still been injured if he had signed with he Bills is rather far fetched. 

he'd still be on the bench learning the playbook

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

he'd still be on the bench learning the playbook

Well, I guess if he was still on the bench learning the playbook he wouldn't get injured, eh?

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Well, I guess if he was still on the bench learning the playbook he wouldn't get injured, eh?

not necessarily

he would probably be a mysterious mid-week injury addition,

or worse, a rubber mat victim

14 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Uhhhh, and you say this knowing full well the spate of injuries we've had this year? What planet are you on?