Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

This guy is grossly underutilized IMO.  Reggie Giliam.  6-0, 244 pounds.  Big.  40 time is anywhere from the 4.5's to 4.7's if you look it up.  He's not slow, and he can catch the ball.  In his rare appearances in the offense, he makes plays.  Why can't he fill the obvious void on this team for a larger and reliable short yardage back?  Why can't he be the banger the Bills need in some situations.  Single and Cook are productive of late but can't break tackles at the LOS.  That continues to be a need.  I don't get it.  It seems like Reggie can do more.  I'd like to see him get more opportunities.  

Thoughts?

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

6 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

This guy is grossly underutilized IMO.  Reggie Giliam.  6-0, 244 pounds.  Big.  40 time is anywhere from the 4.5's to 4.7's if you look it up.  He's not slow, and he can catch the ball.  In his rare appearances in the offense, he makes plays.  Why can't he fill the obvious void on this team for a larger and reliable short yardage back?  Why can't he be the banger the Bills need in some situations.  Single and Cook are productive of late but can't break tackles at the LOS.  That continues to be a need.  I don't get it.  It seems like Reggie can do more.  I'd like to see him get more opportunities.  

Thoughts?

Since I have been wanting the team to run the ball more, or at least develop an identity for doing so, I have been hoping they'd involve him more again. While I don't think he has run the ball yet this year, just having the D have to respect him out there on the field as a weapon and not just a blocker opens things up for the rest of the team. I often re-watch games already played during the year and wondered why he disappeared after the KC game.  In that KC game, he actually started, played 21 snaps and caught all 3 targets that came his way. He wasn't targeted since that game until the Bears contest when he caught his lone target and saw 15 snaps. 

Gimme more Gilliam.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Barely into the offseason, and away we go...

uh, no

maybe some OL would be a better investment

even Henry in his prime wouldn't be successful behind our OL and scheme

43 minutes ago, Foxx said:

That one fumble was on his first ever carry in the NFL, wasn't it?

That’s the way I remember it. Not exactly a rousing start to his career, but I have high hopes. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
41 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

uh, no

McCaffrey would have been

Jabba The Hutt
19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Is he returning your calls now?  😋

Yes, restraining order has expired and apparently his wife decided not to re-file.:classic_love:

• Wow 1

26 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Yes, restraining order has expired and apparently his wife decided not to re-file.:classic_love:

Hope she didn’t decide to take her “lawyer money” and move it into the “sniper fund”. Take it slowly. 

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

uh, no

Henry's a goddamn freight train.  He can block for himself.

• Haha 2

Nouseforaname
19 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Barely into the offseason, and away we go...

Saw this on twitter, the cap hit and the picks we’d have to give up would make it highly unlikely.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Spartacus said:

uh, no

I think this statement is a stretch. They need to improve but they are not so bad that Henry in his prime couldn't run behind it. 

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Saw this on twitter, the cap hit and the picks we’d have to give up would make it highly unlikely.

Agreed, and my biggest point of contention here is the Bills are just not a good running back away from making a run. 

As long as they keep Frazier, there is no sense spending big money on a splashy name on offense just to watch an entire season get pissed away on defense.

• Sad 1
  • FANtastic 1

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I think this statement is a stretch. They need to improve but they are not so bad that Henry in his prime couldn't run behind it. 

Exactly.  Elite running backs will exploit even the tiniest gap and pick up yards.  Having to account for that and the double whammy of josh Allen would definitely improve the offense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Exactly.  Elite running backs will exploit even the tiniest gap and pick up yards.  Having to account for that and the double whammy of josh Allen would definitely improve the offense.

so how many carries would need to be allocated to a superstud back to keep him happy and make it a worthwhile investment?

on the flip side, you already are paying mega-bucks to your superstud QB - how many potentially explosive plays do you take away from Josh in exchange for pounding the rock, just because?