Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Alaska Darin
Just now, Fansince88 said:

@RochesterRob. This is why I think Devin could be traded. On his last year. Bills will keep bringing in youth at this position and they have players to replace. I don't think his place here is in cement.

We aren't going into a SB season with Moss and two rookies at RB.

People put way too much value on preseason games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

We have 2 vets. The other is Josh. (Sarcasm meter pinging) I could be way of. That said, cut Blackshear and he is gone. They have to utilize him on the 53. He did return in college so perhaps we use him on ST. That said, who goes there? BTW, I have not seen game 2 yet. Im just hearing what people are saying about him and saw the replays of his play. Sorry to say they never show the blocking plays. Has he shown promise there? 

Edited by Fansince88

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

We have 2 vets. The other is Josh. (Sarcasm meter pinging) I could be way of. That said, cut Blackshear and he is gone. They have to utilize him on the 53. He did return in college so perhaps we use him on ST. That said, who goes there? BTW, I have not seen game 2 yet. Im just hearing what people are saying about him and saw the replays of his play. Sorry to say they never show the blocking plays. Has he shown promise there? 

This front office isn't the drought front office.  They have no problem finding players using every available pipeline, nor do they have a problem convincing guys that they'll get a real look if they sign with Buffalo.

Cutting real NFL players is truly a departure from the previous 17 seasons but it's now a fact of life.  There is a chance that additional players get kept if they shelve T.White and Ike for the first four games using the reserve PUP but make no mistake, there is no other path to 53 for Blackshear unless they decide Taiwan Jones is expendable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

This front office isn't the drought front office.  They have no problem finding players using every available pipeline, nor do they have a problem convincing guys that they'll get a real look if they sign with Buffalo.

Cutting real NFL players is truly a departure from the previous 17 seasons but it's now a fact of life.  There is a chance that additional players get kept if they shelve T.White and Ike for the first four games using the reserve PUP but make no mistake, there is no other path to 53 for Blackshear unless they decide Taiwan Jones is expendable.

We shall see.

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

And Jones isn't expendable on special teams.  

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think RB might be one of the positions people are least able to evaluate based on preseason games.  Positions like DB or WR, we can make some sort of reasonable judgement based on individual ability (how a WR cuts, how closely a DB stays with a receiver.)  RB...you have to watch the line as closely as the back to get any sort of sense of their ability.  And even then, how often do we see backs that do well in preseason that can't run against a first-team regular-season defense?

I like what Blackshear has shown...but I don't put much stock in it.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
8 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And Jones isn't expendable on special teams.  

I think RB might be one of the positions people are least able to evaluate based on preseason games.  Positions like DB or WR, we can make some sort of reasonable judgement based on individual ability (how a WR cuts, how closely a DB stays with a receiver.)  RB...you have to watch the line as closely as the back to get any sort of sense of their ability.  And even then, how often do we see backs that do well in preseason that can't run against a first-team regular-season defense?

I like what Blackshear has shown...but I don't put much stock in it.

We're on the same page here.  It's hard not to like what Blackshear has done against guys who'll mostly be selling insurance in a week.  He was an UDFA for a reason and he likely ends up on the PS. 

While I don't have any particular names to toss out there, there have been a number of "Preseason MVPs" that the fans have liked a lot who never did much of anything in the NFL after they were released by the BILLS.

25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

We're on the same page here.  It's hard not to like what Blackshear has done against guys who'll mostly be selling insurance in a week.  He was an UDFA for a reason and he likely ends up on the PS. 

While I don't have any particular names to toss out there, there have been a number of "Preseason MVPs" that the fans have liked a lot who never did much of anything in the NFL after they were released by the BILLS.

Fred Jackson & the guy that Detroit picked up after he spent a year on the Bills practice squad are the only 2 that spring to mind for actually sticking with a team after looking awesome 1 or 2 preseasons vs scrubs.

Bills running back, Zack Moss addressed the media following their 42-15 victory over the Denver Broncos in the second preseason game of the year. Topics included: going six-for-six on touchdown drives to start the game, the performance and versatility of the Bills offensive line, if he feels his role on offense is becoming defined, and the Bills offense being on the same page as new offensive coordinator, Ken Dorsey.

Zack Moss: “We Got A Different Mindset” | Buffalo Bills

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 8/21/2022 at 9:27 AM, Fansince88 said:

@RochesterRob. This is why I think Devin could be traded. On his last year. Bills will keep bringing in youth at this position and they have players to replace. I don't think his place here is in cement.

incorrect

On 8/21/2022 at 9:44 AM, Fansince88 said:

if you are so desparate to keep the rookie, why not cut the old and not really a RB, Taiwan Jones?

why get rid the one RB who actually looked like he belonged in the NFL last year?

• Applause 1

Bills running back, James Cook addressed the media following practice on Tuesday. Topics included: playing in his first NFL game-like setting, new things that he's learned while being in the NFL, how he feels like he's progressing as a pass protector, and guest reporter Duke Johnson asks he's getting acclimated to the NFL.

James Cook: "Just Living Out My Dreams" | Buffalo Bills

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...