Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

25 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Certainly possible, but would rather the first round be used on a 1TDT.  To me, that position anchors the DLine and is critical to stopping the run and applying pressure up the middle.  I also think Ed O would greatly benefit from a bigger, stronger 1T.

If we have an upgrade in the 1T spot and can get consistent pressure, that also benefits the secondary.  I'm not one of those who believes you can cover your way to victory, because in today's NFL, you can't...the rules favoring the offense makes it near impossible.  I don't believe McD and Frazier think that way, though.

Ya cherry picked a little there...but the reason we'll likely end up taking a corner is the likelihood of a worthy 1DT sliding down to the 20+ area of the draft not nearly as high as there being a quality CB there. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ya cherry picked a little there...but the reason we'll likely end up taking a corner is the likelihood of a worthy 1DT sliding down to the 20+ area of the draft not nearly as high as there being a quality CB there. 

The good news is that the guy the Bills need for that role can be had in the 2nd and 3rd round.  Teams look for pass rushing DTs in the first.  

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think you meant at 32…

• Cheers 1

On 11/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, Alaska Darin said:

I promise not to tell Bill from NYC about this post! 😛

I look at the draft in several different ways.

1) Need. If something does go wrong, whether with the offense or defense, what is the typical wrong thing? Which players need to be upgraded to prevent those wrong things?

2) Longevity. Some positions have short durations, to where you'd normally expect first-contract-and-out. Others are associated with much longer careers.

3) Position value.

4) Quality of player. Sometimes it's better to get a special player at a position of non-need than a good player at a position of need.

LT checks the first three boxes. Impossible to speak to box 4, at any position, until the Bills' pick comes up.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:59 PM, Arm of Harm said:

4) Quality of player. Sometimes it's better to get a special player at a position of non-need than a good player at a position of need.

#4 is ALWAYS.

Teams that don't follow this approach don't have impact players

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
TakeYouToTasker 2.0
49 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I wonder if Daboll would have liked to give Williams some playing time. That's a quick signing.

He’s not going to be pulling snaps away from Barkley.

What he is, is a cheap veteran option who Daboll and Schoen are extremely familiar with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

What he is, is a cheap veteran option who Daboll and Schoen are extremely familiar with.

You're probably right. He did lose a lot of snaps to Devontae Booker this year though, and not solely due to injuries.

I'll admit, I'm not Barkley believer. Since his first injury, he's basically been a bigger CJ Spiller. Always looking to bounce it outside.

Edited by LB3

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

True. 

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone is talking about another RB to complement Singletary.  Before going overboard, how do we know that Moss can't be the second back?  He didn't get a lot of playing time toward the end, and was even a healthy scratch a couple of weeks.  Moss may not be Jonathan Taylor, but I don't know if we know exactly what he's capable of, and I wouldn't go by who Daboll and/or Bobby Johnson wanted out there.  Daboll sucked at the run game and blocking, so I wouldn't trust his evaluation; no way could Daboll make a running game plan featuring two backs.

Did Moss fumble too much?  I don't recall him fumbling any more than Singletary.  Bad attitude?  If so, I don't recall hearing/seeing anything about that.  Like I mentioned, I think it was Daboll's call to sit Moss for whatever reason.

• Wow 1

and they have Dalvin Cook

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/25/wes-phillips-running-the-ball-is-important-but-winning-is-most-important/

Phillips didn’t put any number on the amount of rushing attempts the team will be shooting for in 2022, but he did say that the team won’t be running the ball for the sake of running the ball.

“I think any coordinator who’s good will tell you the running game is important, but I would say that winning the game is most important,” Phillips said, via Will Ragatz of SI.com. “You’re going to play some teams who, scheme-wise, they make it very difficult to run based on their personnel and their scheme. A guy that comes to mind is Todd Bowles. Always had one of the best defenses against the run and you see a lot of people’s press conferences after they play Todd Bowles’ defense, and they say, ‘Why did you abandon the run, why did you abandon the run?’ It’s like a broken record. Well there’s a reason for that. They’re daring you to throw it a lot of times, and sometimes that’s what you’ve got to do to win the game. So the running game is certainly important, and you always feel better about staying on track, not being in second and longs, third and longs where more of your playbook is available. So yes, the run game is critical, but in the end it’s about winning the football game.”