Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 10:42 AM, GG1 said:

Or being left off the opening day roster?

On 10/15/2021 at 10:56 AM, Alaska Darin said:

I'm still curious over that decision. 

Four weeks later and the running game has gone to hell in a hand basket. 

17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Four weeks later and the running game has gone to hell in a hand basket. 

Two ugly offensive performances show that Moss is much more valuable to this offense than Motor. I don't think it's a coincidence that the offense got worse once Moss was out. 

They should try a Moss Breida combo.

Edited by GG1
  • Cheers 1

I doubt Derrick Henry could get much going behind this line. We need at least one guy who can get some push and hold his ground. That guy is conspicuously absent.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, snafu said:

Didn’t miss him at all.

I'd rather see him out there than Motor.

I don't know how the draft looks this season but 1DT, OG, RB, and CB are all on the list.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know how the draft looks this season but 1DT, OG, RB, and CB are all on the list.

I think Moss is better for passes, but now there’s Breida.

I think Singletary is better for run plays.  I just have a sense that if Moss was in and Singletary was scratched, I don’t think I would have had the same reaction.

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

And maybe OT.

And not necessarily in that order.  I'd probably prioritize the OL positions over DT.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And maybe OT.

And not necessarily in that order.  I'd probably prioritize the OL positions over DT.

I think the overall biggest overall draft need of this team is 1DT and if we could someone find one in the 1st round and get 5 years of control, that would be the perfect scenario.  It's almost impossible to get them in FA because teams rarely let the good ones go and even if they do, we likely can't afford them (especially with Josh's new contract).

That being said, it's far more likely that we pick a CB in the first round.

• Like 2

Last night Singletary looked to me like he ran with a bit more desperation and determination.  That's not a vote of confidence but it seems like he's getting the message. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think the overall biggest overall draft need of this team is 1DT and if we could someone find one in the 1st round and get 5 years of control, that would be the perfect scenario.  It's almost impossible to get them in FA because teams rarely let the good ones go and even if they do, we likely can't afford them (especially with Josh's new contract).

I agree with this.  A dominating force in the middle that requires frequent double teams opens up the opportunities for all the other guys on the line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

Last night Singletary looked to me like he ran with a bit more desperation and determination.  That's not a vote of confidence but it seems like he's getting the message. 

I hate that they have to repeat the message so often.

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Certainly possible, but would rather the first round be used on a 1TDT.  To me, that position anchors the DLine and is critical to stopping the run and applying pressure up the middle.  I also think Ed O would greatly benefit from a bigger, stronger 1T.

If we have an upgrade in the 1T spot and can get consistent pressure, that also benefits the secondary.  I'm not one of those who believes you can cover your way to victory, because in today's NFL, you can't...the rules favoring the offense makes it near impossible.  I don't believe McD and Frazier think that way, though.

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And maybe OT.

I’d add center to the list as well. At least as of a few weeks ago all five starting OL had mediocre grades. The two priorities in the draft should be the OL and a 1 tech DT. Though our receiving corps is getting older, so I’m not opposed to taking a WR if the right player is there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And maybe OT.

Besides 1TDT, OLine needs upgrades in multiple spots, particularly left OG and C.  @Arm of Harm made a great point where if there is the right left-side OT available, take him and slide Dawkins over to LG.  This would immediately upgrade two positions.  We also need a C as there is no way they should pay Morse $11M+ next year.  McD and Beane need to look at the trenches first

Edited by Core Four
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Core Four said:

Certainly possible, but would rather the first round be used on a 1TDT.  To me, that position anchors the DLine and is critical to stopping the run and applying pressure up the middle.  I also think Ed O would greatly benefit from a bigger, stronger 1T.

If we have an upgrade in the 1T spot and can get consistent pressure, that also benefits the secondary.  I'm not one of those who believes you can cover your way to victory, because in today's NFL, you can't...the rules favoring the offense makes it near impossible.  I don't believe McD and Frazier think that way, though.

If McD and Frazier were big believers in in premium coverage I think that they would have burned a high draft pick in the last few years to find a compliment to White.  We have needs but to me protecting Allen is Job 1 so an OL pick first so as long as we are not reaching from the slot where were are placed at.  I have not heard anything about a premium center to this point in terms of next year's draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

If McD and Frazier were big believers in in premium coverage I think that they would have burned a high draft pick in the last few years to find a compliment to White.  We have needs but to me protecting Allen is Job 1 so an OL pick first so as long as we are not reaching from the slot where were are placed at.  I have not heard anything about a premium center to this point in terms of next year's draft.

That could be a problem.  Doubt FA will do us any favors, either, since teams tend to hold on to their better centers.  The Chiefs made the right move at letting Morse walk.  He has been ok, but I think they need someone stronger at the point of attack.  At the very least, taking an $11M+ cap hit for Morse next year isn't really feasible.