Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

On 2/25/2022 at 9:05 AM, Spartacus said:

and they have Dalvin Cook

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/25/wes-phillips-running-the-ball-is-important-but-winning-is-most-important/

Phillips didn’t put any number on the amount of rushing attempts the team will be shooting for in 2022, but he did say that the team won’t be running the ball for the sake of running the ball.

“I think any coordinator who’s good will tell you the running game is important, but I would say that winning the game is most important,” Phillips said, via Will Ragatz of SI.com. “You’re going to play some teams who, scheme-wise, they make it very difficult to run based on their personnel and their scheme. A guy that comes to mind is Todd Bowles. Always had one of the best defenses against the run and you see a lot of people’s press conferences after they play Todd Bowles’ defense, and they say, ‘Why did you abandon the run, why did you abandon the run?’ It’s like a broken record. Well there’s a reason for that. They’re daring you to throw it a lot of times, and sometimes that’s what you’ve got to do to win the game. So the running game is certainly important, and you always feel better about staying on track, not being in second and longs, third and longs where more of your playbook is available. So yes, the run game is critical, but in the end it’s about winning the football game.”

Short passes are generally more effective than today's NFL running games, especially in the first half of games.

The playoffs was a very good example of JA17 using short, accurate passes on early downs to keep the BILLS out of third and long situations. 

When the BILLS were struggling early in the season, it was as much a problem with being greedy in the passing game (not taking the easy plays) as the lack of commitment to running. 

Here's to hoping we've gotten past it and become even more efficient on offense.  The Patriots spent 15 years destroying us with short passes and then running off the same sets. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Arm of Harm
5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

That thud you heard was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor, after I learned that McDermott and Beane wished to acquire a player who’d played for the Panthers. Never in a million years would I have anticipated something like that happening! 😮  

Edited by Arm of Harm
  • Haha 4

Alaska Darin

I don't believe that rumor for a minute.  I know Beane is always working the phones/gathering information but there's no way they were in for that contract.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

56 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't believe that rumor for a minute.  I know Beane is always working the phones/gathering information but there's no way they were in for that contract.

I agree. They might have had a passing flyer convo about him along the likes of “Hey, if ya wanna ship us Christian for a pick or two, we could talk about it. Otherwise, let us take you out to breakfast at a Tim Horton’s next time you’re in town.”

• Like 3

Jabba The Hutt
On 5/11/2022 at 4:38 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Isn't available...for the majority of the season.

liam-neeson-taken.gif

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

liam-neeson-taken.gif

Reminds me...did you see where Kay Adams is leaving GMFB?

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Reminds me...did you see where Kay Adams is leaving GMFB?

Amazon, right?

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
52 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

No, just a slightly petite American woman.

Who combs her hair with a thatching rake.

28 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

But that, hey “I just woke up in your bed this morning and I’m making you coffee and breakfast,” is a killer look by her. 

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
49 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

In all fairness, that was all I had available when we woke up that morning.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Were Marshawn's "missed tackles" really missed tackles, or did he just truck right through the tackler like a charging elephant?

Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe