Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that Rhule has been fired...do the BILLS reach back out to the Panthers about McCaffrey?  Apparently he's only due $600k(ish) the rest of this season and none of the rest of the contract is guaranteed?  The rumor is we tried to get him this past offseason.

If you're Carolina, you have to at least start entertaining moving players and compiling assets to start a serious rebuild.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Now that Rhule has been fired...do the BILLS reach back out to the Panthers about McCaffrey?  Apparently he's only due $600k(ish) the rest of this season and none of the rest of the contract is guaranteed?  The rumor is we tried to get him this past offseason.

If you're Carolina, you have to at least start entertaining moving players to start a serious rebuild.

Do the Bills really need to sign a running back to the injured reserve? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

If you're Carolina, you have to at least start entertaining moving players to start a serious rebuild.

We have to start a coach hire thread in week 5!?!?

No. McCaffrey is absolutely a monster when healthy.  But, he is never healthy.

ok, Maybe for a 7th.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

If you're Carolina, you have to at least start entertaining moving players and compiling assets to start a serious rebuild.

Hmmm

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The source who told me something was wrong about something they told me.

Intellectually lacking Bills beat reporter: “hey, panthers source, have you guys had talks with the Bills about CMC?”

Panthers source: “absolutely! The hottest team in the NFL is definitely interested in our only real commodity and any other interested parties should call us ASAP with an offer that will beat the offer the bills are definitely interested in offering.”

Intellectually lacking bills beat reporter: “wow, thank you for this information! I’m sure you have no reason to be misleading at all, and I will publish this insider scoop as soon as I can!”

54 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Intellectually lacking Bills beat reporter: “hey, panthers source, have you guys had talks with the Bills about CMC?”

Panthers source: “absolutely! The hottest team in the NFL is definitely interested in our only real commodity and any other interested parties should call us ASAP with an offer that will beat the offer the bills are definitely interested in offering.”

Intellectually lacking bills beat reporter: “wow, thank you for this information! I’m sure you have no reason to be misleading at all, and I will publish this insider scoop as soon as I can!”

We know 2 things about GMBB with absolute certainty:

1.  He makes every phone call he wants to.

2.  He plays things close to the vest until deals are closed.

There's no way he hasn't talked to the Panthers about possibly available players (including Austin Corbett).

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Lotta smoke on McCaffrey. We know Beane loves him…

It’d have to be a low pick. 4th and Zach Moss or something of that ilk

I'd offer Moss and Keenum straight up for CMC.  They need a QB...

6 minutes ago, devnull said:

Its one way to upgrade the backup QB position here in Buffalo.

Barkley > Keenum

9 minutes ago, devnull said:

They're going to want picks.  I'm guessing a 3rd or 4th minimum.

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Agreed. They're loading up to have draft flexibility in order to get Stroud or whoever they target as their QB1. 

It's tough for the Bills. 3rd and 4th round picks playing under rookie contracts are so important for a team with a QB contract like Josh's. Finding starters/contributors on rookie deals is the key to sustaining their championship window (and Beane's record in those rounds means he's likely to find some talent) so giving them up to get a "missing piece" is dicey. Then again a guy like CMC could push this already awesome offense to another level. 

... Or, he's totally washed like Bruce Springsteen's blue jeans. I haven't watched him enough the past two years to know. 

Billsandhorns
31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed. They're loading up to have draft flexibility in order to get Stroud or whoever they target as their QB1. 

It's tough for the Bills. 3rd and 4th round picks playing under rookie contracts are so important for a team with a QB contract like Josh's. Finding starters/contributors on rookie deals is the key to sustaining their championship window (and Beane's record in those rounds means he's likely to find some talent) so giving them up to get a "missing piece" is dicey. Then again a guy like CMC could push this already awesome offense to another level. 

... Or, he's totally washed like Bruce Springsteen's blue jeans. I haven't watched him enough the past two years to know. 

From what I remember, he's spent more time injured that not

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

since these are future picks, make them contingent on CMC playing time, production and the Bills success in advancingin the playoffs.

if they win it all, more willing to give up more draft capital

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Moss and a 3th for McCaffrey, a fifth, and a sixth.

Because Beane is magical with late-round picks.  Bills are more likely to get two starters out of those picks than Carolina is to get out of our third.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I just don't see a world where this team becomes THAT much better with a RB who can't stay healthy. If you were to lose Singletary or Moss, yeah, maybe, but in the end, it just seems like a effort to make a splash when a splash isn't required.

Lineman? Sure. Linebacker? Maybe. Running back? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Of course, I have all the athletic acumen of a Barack Obama opening pitch, so take it for what it's worth.

• Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino

(link to relevant answer)

It's the second week in a row Josh has gone out of his way to gush over Motor. It's obviously sincere, and imo deserved, but I wonder if Josh is emphasizing it because locker room has heard the CMC / Saquon rumors.  

• Like 4