Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 10:19 PM, SBChamps2021 said:

I don't think we are as bad at RB as it would seem. I like Breida and he's got wheels we haven't had in the backfield recently. While it seems Harris, Etienne or Williams would put us over the top, I'm leaning toward the assessment that we lost the AFC Championship Game and some other games in 2020 in the trenches.  

This.  I think people have overlooked Breida.  I know RBs all look good under Shanahan, but this guy will contribute.  I'm also not ready to toss Singletary to the curb.

And yeah, they absolutely lost the AFCC because they a) couldn't pressure Mahomes and b) couldn't protect Josh.

They did exactly what they needed to do in this draft.  Get a bunch of big, mean, talented kids to fortify those weaknesses.  Thankfully Beane understands that you don't draft for this year's needs, you draft for what the holes will be in 2022/2023 when guys like Star, Hughes and Morse will be gone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lets hope one of the stable can step it up.

Countdown to Training Camp: Devin Singletary projects as 13th Most Valuable Bill

... Devin Singletary, who began last season as their top option, was seeing less work than rookie Zack Moss by the end of the regular season and into the playoffs. But he regained the No. 1 role when Moss was felled by a season-ending ankle injury against Indianapolis in the wild-card round.

Since then, Singletary has engaged in an intense offseason training regimen to make sure he is their top option again by the start of the 2021 season.

Not only did he make sure to get into the best shape possible, but he even claimed to add some speed that could pay off in the form of an extra home run or two, which would fit the Bills; needs precisely.

He worked out with a personal trainer, Nick Hicks, who said: "We didn't sit there and try to make him into a 100-meter sprinter. We just tried to make him, I guess, two-tenths, three-tenths faster than what he what he what he was coming back in. We literally left no stone unturned this offseason. So yes, he's going to be way faster, way more explosive than the Devin Singletary you guys are used to. Motor's got a motor now." ...

• Like 2

Another good article from Cover 1.

ZACK MOSS READY TO ‘SET THE TONE’ IN BILLS’ 2021 BACKFIELD

... While Singletary’s physical transformation over the offseason is well-documented, Zack Moss’s return to action may provide the team with the workhorse they’ve missed in the backfield since LeSean McCoy’s departure. Moss, who was drafted in the third round of the 2020 NFL draft, is a big (5-foot-10, 226-pounds) and compact downhill runner that punishes defenders who try and tackle him head-on. But he’s not just a bruiser. He’s got enough quickness to make second-level defenders miss in space, too.

Moss, like most rookies, had his fair share of ups and downs in his first professional season. But upon entering the NFL, the 23-year old had some unique roadblocks that only his 2020 NFL Draft classmates would understand in a year marred by the COVID-19 pandemic. In a recent appearance on former NFL wide receiver Steve Smith’s podcast, Moss detailed the difficulties of not having a real offseason to train with coaches and peers. Without rookie minicamp, OTAs, or mandatory minicamp, Moss was thrown right into the fire in training camp.

“It was extremely difficult, just having no OTAs – just right out of Zoom to training camp,” Moss explained. “It was definitely rough. I had a lot of rough days where I just didn’t want to watch that film from that day. I knew I needed to get better. It was a lot of up and down days but I just tried to do my best to where I could just piece good days together so I could find my role in the offense and as a player.” ...

... Now that the injury is behind him and training camp is around the corner, things are looking bright for the second-year back. During the team’s mandatory minicamp, Sean McDermott told the media that Moss is on track to take the field at the start of training camp. For Moss, this will be a crucial time for him to prove that he’s capable of being an every-down back, which means that in addition to being reliable as a runner and receiver, he’ll need to prove that he can be consistent and reliable as a pass protector. Moss appeared on the Buffalo Fanatics podcast in April and explained how important pass protection is for running backs that want to be on the field for all three downs.

“As a back, especially with the way the game is going nowadays, you have to be able to pass block, understand pass protections, know where blitzes are coming from, and know how to work with your offensive line,” Moss said.

According to Pro Football Focus, Zack Moss was the only running back in the NFL with over 50 pass-blocking snaps to not allow a single pressure. Devin Singletary allowed three hurries in 80 pass-blocking snaps. ...

• Like 2

On 7/11/2021 at 1:39 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

They better dress him every week and play him as much as possible. Experience at RB matters. They wasted Yeldon because of one fumble and when they finally used him, he produced. Let Breida play.

I trust the regime that if they didnt play him he wasnt good. 

• Like 1