Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen and the QB Room

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Yep.

Certainly not a favorite of mine, but give me someone on the bench who has already STARTED 46 NFL games and I am happy.

Nothing should be new to him.

Sure....he aint Josh Allen,...........but NO ONE else is either

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yep.

Certainly not a favorite of mine, but give me someone on the bench who has already STARTED 46 NFL games and I am happy.

Nothing should be new to him.

Sure....he aint Josh Allen,...........but NO ONE else is either

Your right. NoBody. No Bodee is Josh Allen other than the real Josh Allen.  

Edited by Nanker
Autocorrect and spelling HELL
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How Case Keenum has clicked with Josh Allen and seamlessly fit into the Bills' quarterback room

</snip>

The Buffalo Bills’ new backup quarterback was acquired earlier this offseason in a trade with the Cleveland Browns. The Bills sent a 2022 seventh-round draft pick west down I-90 in exchange for Keenum, 34, who is entering his 10th NFL season. It was the third time in his career that Keenum has switched teams via trade.

“I was undrafted coming out of college, but I’ve been traded for like three seventh-round picks and maybe a fifth-rounder, so I consider myself that,” Keenum told The Buffalo News on Wednesday after the Bills’ final minicamp practice in his first public comments since the trade in March. “All these deals where everybody's getting traded for three firsts and a second, and I've been traded for three sevenths and fifth! It does feel good. It does. It feels great to have a team want you to come. I think that's when you look at a trade, you know, it's less about being traded away. It's a team that wants you. It's a fresh start. A great city. I think Buffalo has exceeded my expectations in a lot of different ways, including off the field, out of the building. It's been great. And the weather's like this all year, so that's really cool.”

</snip>

“Honestly, to have a team come get you and not get released and go sign somewhere, they wanted me, they traded for me,” he said. “It feels great to have a team like this, the caliber of players, the talent on the team, the type of offense they run, what Josh (Allen) has been able to do. To be able to come and learn and grow my game and get myself out of my comfort zone and learn some new offense has been really good. I've enjoyed it a lot. It may have been a little bit of a surprise at the time, but man, it's full excitement, ready to go. I've been excited to get here and work. It's been a great spring.”

</snip>

“Golf, humor and personalities, we match up pretty well,” Allen said. “He’s a great dude, he’s been around the league a long time, he knows a lot of different things. Been in multiple offenses, he knows how to deal with guys, so I can lean on him heavily about things that I see, things that he sees. … I’ve got great respect and trust in him, so that’s something that developed really quickly, and I’m sure is only going to get better with time.”

“I think we're all like-minded people. Beating him at golf every time we play is great,” Keenum said. “It's been fun. We've got a competitive edge. We're competing in everything we do. If it's trivia in the quarterback meeting room, or golf course, or throwing the nets during team periods or whatever. It's great. A lot of great competition.”

</snip>

• Like 3

The video that rolled on this article page with the Bills season prediction was great!

Case Keenum happy to be 'wanted' by Bills: 'It feels great to have a team like this'

According to all 32 NFL teams, Case Keenum wasn't worth a draft pick in 2012.

He's since been traded for a handful of late-round picks -- leading Keenum to joke that he considers himself a late-round selection -- and the latest deal brought him to a situation the quarterback sees as ideal. Keenum is preparing to serve as the 2022 backup to dynamite signal-caller Josh Allen in Buffalo, home to a team that proved it didn't just settle for his services -- it wanted Keenum.

</snip>

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

The video that rolled on this article page with the Bills season prediction was great!

Case Keenum happy to be 'wanted' by Bills: 'It feels great to have a team like this'

According to all 32 NFL teams, Case Keenum wasn't worth a draft pick in 2012.

He's since been traded for a handful of late-round picks -- leading Keenum to joke that he considers himself a late-round selection -- and the latest deal brought him to a situation the quarterback sees as ideal. Keenum is preparing to serve as the 2022 backup to dynamite signal-caller Josh Allen in Buffalo, home to a team that proved it didn't just settle for his services -- it wanted Keenum.

</snip>

Swept by the Patriots?  Bwahahahahahaha

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Swept by the Patriots?  Bwahahahahahaha

Well, I liked the 13-4 and the #1 seed part.

• Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...

From Bucky Brooks

2022 NFL season: Ranking top duos at 11 key position groups

1. Josh Allen and Case Keenum

The Bills made a great situation better when they added Keenum, a blue-chip backup, to a quarterback room that already featured the NFL MVP front-runner in Allen, securing the most important position on a team harboring Super Bowl aspirations. Although the 34-year-old journeyman has some limitations, Keenum has played at an all-star level when surrounded by premier talent (see: his 22:7 TD-to-INT ratio, 98.3 passer rating and 11-3 record in Minnesota in 2017), and that is more than enough for the Bills to win if No. 17 misses games due to injury. Allen, 26, is arguably the best quarterback in the game, possessing a unique set of skills as a runner and thrower that makes him a nightmare to defend, both inside and outside the pocket. Even as he continues to evolve as a playmaker, the 2020 Pro Bowler is looking like the new prototype for the position.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 2

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
On 7/2/2022 at 8:43 AM, Ann said:

From Bucky Brooks

2022 NFL season: Ranking top duos at 11 key position groups

1. Josh Allen and Case Keenum

The Bills made a great situation better when they added Keenum, a blue-chip backup, to a quarterback room that already featured the NFL MVP front-runner in Allen, securing the most important position on a team harboring Super Bowl aspirations. Although the 34-year-old journeyman has some limitations, Keenum has played at an all-star level when surrounded by premier talent (see: his 22:7 TD-to-INT ratio, 98.3 passer rating and 11-3 record in Minnesota in 2017), and that is more than enough for the Bills to win if No. 17 misses games due to injury. Allen, 26, is arguably the best quarterback in the game, possessing a unique set of skills as a runner and thrower that makes him a nightmare to defend, both inside and outside the pocket. Even as he continues to evolve as a playmaker, the 2020 Pro Bowler is looking like the new prototype for the position.

I'd forgotten, too, that 2017 was when Case Keenum and Stefon Diggs did this...

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I'd forgotten, too, that 2017 was when Case Keenum and Stefon Diggs did this...

One could argue that Keenum and Diggs didn't do that so much as Marcus Williams let them do it.

I've seen Captain Lou Albano make moves that looked more real than that attempt at a tackle.

• Like 1

Excitement is building in the new-look Bills quarterback room | Camp Countdown 2022

Bills quarterback Josh Allen has been surrounded by familiarity and consistency for most of his NFL career. Allen had just one offensive coordinator in his first four seasons, had the same quarterbacks coach for three years and played alongside familiar faces at the backup quarterback position for multiple seasons.

This year is quite different for the fifth-year quarterback. He's now the only consistent piece left in his quarterback room.

Allen is now working with a new quarterbacks coach in Joe Brady and getting adjusted to having his old quarterbacks coach be his new offensive coordinator in Ken Dorsey. While Allen misses some of the old pieces, he isn't afraid to work with new people in 2022. And Brady knows building a successful QB room starts with QB1.

</snip>

• Like 3

NFL Quarterback Tiers 2022: Allen, Herbert and Burrow Make Tier 1 Debuts

4. Josh Allen

Allen surged into the top tier after narrowly missing last year. Tossing nine touchdown passes without an interception in playoff games against New England and Kansas City all but expunged from his record his playoff meltdown against Houston following the 2019 regular season.

“He has proven that he can handle big moments,” a personnel director said. “He still throws interceptable balls, but he gives his guys opportunities to make plays, and nine times out of 10, they are making those plays. You can see the maturity. He used to make really egregious throws. It creeps in every now and again, but he is a big-time passer.”

Allen became the ninth player in QB Tiers’ nine-year history to command Tier 1 votes on at least 75% of ballots. Rodgers has done it nine times, followed by Brady (eight), Mahomes (four), Drew Brees (three), Russell Wilson (two), Peyton Manning (one) and Ben Roethlisberger (one).

“Josh Allen is a better version of Lamar (Jackson), and I love him as a football player,” a defensive coordinator said. “I still think he is erratic as a thrower and so he doesn’t scare me the same way Rodgers does. But he’s ascending.”

This voter had only three players in the top tier. Some voters are stricter than others with their Tier 1 interpretations. The group overwhelmingly placed Allen in Tier 1, behind the only active quarterbacks to win Super Bowls and MVPs.

“Some guys you’ve got to just give credit for being big, talented guys that can overcome a lot of stuff,” an evaluator said. “He may not be perfect, but he’s so big and so talented that he carries the team. He is a freak. He is not going to expertly handle pure-pass situations, but he doesn’t have to a lot of times. He may have five guys hanging on him and complete it anyway.”

One potential concern: Brian Daboll’s departure from the Bills as offensive coordinator.

“It will be interesting to me to see if that changes things, because I think Brian did a really good job,” a defensive coach from the AFC East said. “I think he controlled it as much as Josh did. I don’t want to say Josh is going to be on his own, but I’m not sure he totally has that command yet.”

• Like 2