Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

We may not have Tremaine Edmunds to kick around anymore...

TREMAINE EDMUNDS WON'T COMMIT TO A RETURN TO BILLS, SEEMS BOUND FOR FREE AGENCY

</snip>

Was Edmunds interested in returning to the Bills? Or might he let the process take shape?

"I'm gonna let the process take shape," Edmunds told FOX Sports last week in Phoenix at an event for his agency, Athletes First. "You know what I mean? Like, you know, they've been good to me. So I definitely say thank you to the Bills for everything that they've done for me these last five years. But like I said, man, I'm just right now — I'm in the backseat."

</snip>

Sounds like he's looking for the bag.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Sounds to me like the Bills won't/can't pay him what he wants, so he is on the market. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

Sounds to me like the Bills won't/can't pay him what he wants, so he is on the market. 

We've seen GMBB do this with other guys.  Milano ended up not getting huge offers and signed for a much more palatable price.  I can see some team seriously overpaying for Edmunds and regretting it. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

We've seen GMBB do this with other guys.  Milano ended up not getting huge offers and signed for a much more palatable price.  I can see some team seriously overpaying for Edmunds and regretting it. 

Steelers. Then they would have had all three Edmunds... 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I thought Trey was out of the NFL?

I can only imagine how much Steeler fans would lose their minds over his inconsistent physicality.

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I thought Trey was out of the NFL?

I can only imagine how much Steeler fans would lose their minds over his inconsistent physicality.

He is, that's why I used the word, had. I suppose I could have worded it better though.

• Cheers 2

From PFF:

Every NFL team's most improved player in 2022

BUFFALO BILLS: LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
2021 PFF Grade: 48.5
2022 PFF Grade: 81.2
Improvement: 32.7
Like Patrick Queen with the Ravens, Edmunds displayed some big-time flashes over the first four years of his career, but a lack of consistency hurt his PFF grade. He eliminated a lot of the negatives in his play to deliver a phenomenal 2022 season in coverage where his 90.0 PFF coverage grade led all players at the position.

• Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 2

SquirminThurman
On 2/17/2023 at 12:13 PM, Foxx said:

I'm all for it if we can end up getting all the Josh Allens 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

On 2/17/2023 at 12:01 PM, Foxx said:

We’ll, we the fans have been left holding his bag for the last five years. 

C-Ya as someone ATOP would say. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

On 2/18/2023 at 8:34 AM, Ann said:

From PFF:

Every NFL team's most improved player in 2022

BUFFALO BILLS: LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
2021 PFF Grade: 48.5
2022 PFF Grade: 81.2
Improvement: 32.7
Like Patrick Queen with the Ravens, Edmunds displayed some big-time flashes over the first four years of his career, but a lack of consistency hurt his PFF grade. He eliminated a lot of the negatives in his play to deliver a phenomenal 2022 season in coverage where his 90.0 PFF coverage grade led all players at the position.

Yes he improved. I went from calling him #49 last year because he didn't have a name worth remembering to calling him Edwards this year. Its a shame he didn't take off 3 years ago. Perhaps some announcers would have known his real last name!

20 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Yes he improved. I went from calling him #49 last year because he didn't have a name worth remembering to calling him Edwards this year. Its a shame he didn't take off 3 years ago. Perhaps some announcers would have known his real last name!

How much would he need to improve for you to call him Edmunds? 

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

How much would he need to improve for you to call him Edmunds? 

LOL. He really came into his own at the end of the season for me. I would love him to stick around and continue to improve. He was too young to come into the league and would have been good to more or less red shirt his first year. Still saw too much of him waiting for the play to come to him rather than run through to play AKA Matt Milano style. If they can find a way to keep him I would welcome that. I just dont see it happening.

16 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

LOL. He really came into his own at the end of the season for me. I would love him to stick around and continue to improve. He was too young to come into the league and would have been good to more or less red shirt his first year. Still saw too much of him waiting for the play to come to him rather than run through to play AKA Matt Milano style. If they can find a way to keep him I would welcome that. I just dont see it happening.

if they don't keep him,

they have to change their defense- since a hyper active MLB is its linchpin

(not a bad thing) - but changing the defense is not gonna happen

so they most likely keep him - unless they are absolutely convinced there is some super athlete to replace him (Terrel Bernard? - yeah - that's what  I thought)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 2:51 PM, Ann said:

Hmmmm

(McDermott talking to press at the combine)

if the Bills actually decide to employ a much more aggressive defense,

what can be done with Edmunds, which would increase his value and make it more likely they resign him?

blitz him more?

move him outside, and blitz him more?

don't drop him 30 yards down field, and play him in a more forward moving scheme ?

or just change the scheme, admit he will never be Luke Keukly, and let him go

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1

Alaska Darin
42 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

if the Bills actually decide to employ a much more aggressive defense,

what can be done with Edmunds, which would increase his value and make it more likely they resign him?

blitz him more?

move him outside, and blitz him more?

don't drop him 30 yards down field, and play him in a more forward moving scheme ?

or just change the scheme, admit he will never be Luke Keukly, and let him go

I just don't like his inability to make blockers miss him, against either the run or pass.  When he blitzes, more often than not he runs right into the blocker...living up to the Onalim moniker time and time again.

He's still the guy he was coming out of college.  Freakish athlete that plays far slower than he should because once the ball is snapped he's slow to diagnose/fully engage.

• Like 1

He’s an All World Strong Safety. He’s not an NFL Middle Linebacker. Jason Peters was miscasted as a TE only. HE was All World as a TE AND a LT.