Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yeah, Turner and Ant are the best at Cover 1. I saw that one and several others they did on The Bills players. They do a ton of film work and have pretty insightful analysis. 

I’ve gotten over my dislike of Turner’s voice. I think it’s gotten much better, or my ears have gotten conditioned to it. 

I enjoy their shows. Thinking seriously about subscribing to it. Not sure I’ve got time for that though. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yeah, Turner and Ant are the best at Cover 1. I saw that one and several others they did on The Bills players. They do a ton of film work and have pretty insightful analysis. 

I’ve gotten over my dislike of Turner’s voice. I think it’s gotten much better, or my ears have gotten conditioned to it. 

I enjoy their shows. Thinking seriously about subscribing to it. Not sure I’ve got time for that though. 

I could waste half a day, every day just on the good content out there on the BILLS.  Cover 1 is the best.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
43 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Williams' leverage on that blocking-sled-thingamabob is off, too.  He's leaning much farther forward than Dodson and Spector.  Good way to simply get flattened by a blocker.

He's still a young rookie, though.  He'll put on some muscle by August.

Bills Linebacker coach Bobby Babich addressed the media prior to Tuesday's OTA. Topics include; Head Coach Sean McDermott calling the defensive plays, what they look for in a middle linebacker, replacing a veteran at middle linebacker, the experience Linebacker A.J. Klein brings to the defense, and what he lines in rookie Linebacker Dorian Williams. 

Bobby Babich: "We Want Football Players" | Buffalo Bills

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Bills Linebacker coach Bobby Babich addressed the media prior to Tuesday's OTA. Topics include; Head Coach Sean McDermott calling the defensive plays, what they look for in a middle linebacker, replacing a veteran at middle linebacker, the experience Linebacker A.J. Klein brings to the defense, and what he lines in rookie Linebacker Dorian Williams. 

Bobby Babich: "We Want Football Players" | Buffalo Bills

Bills fans and local media just can't come to grips with this concept of just getting football players, no matter the size or measurables.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Bills fans and local media just can't come to grips with this concept of just getting football players, no matter the size or measurables.

I learned that lesson three thirty years ago, with Damien Covington.

Alaska Darin

A snippet from the interview posted above.  TE49 was pretty clearly a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" player. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
27 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

A snippet from the interview posted above.  TE49 was pretty clearly a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" player. 

Onalim played his size.  He just played two seconds behind everyone else.  

Jabba The Hutt
54 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

25 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Onalim played his size.  He just played two seconds behind everyone else.  

I want the right player AND the sexiest player:classic_love: Coach gets me!

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

On 5/30/2023 at 5:15 PM, Ann said:

I sure hope so! Under Frazier we played more contain, bend but don't break, keep everything in front of you. Even when we were up 100 points, he would lay off then just to try to slow down the other team instead of getting after them. 

Yeah, we might give up a big play once in a while if we blitz more, or even play 3 LBs instead of 2 more often but I think any decent defense is limited if you only rush your front 3 or 4 all the time and rarely blitz like we did

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Cinga said:

I sure hope so! Under Frazier we played more contain, bend but don't break, keep everything in front of you. Even when we were up 100 points, he would lay off then just to try to slow down the other team instead of getting after them. 

Yeah, we might give up a big play once in a while if we blitz more, or even play 3 LBs instead of 2 more often but I think any decent defense is limited if you only rush your front 3 or 4 all the time and rarely blitz like we did

Frazier's problem was he sent the same 4 guys, from the same spots, almost every time.

McD will still be sending only 4, but they will be coming from different places and will be different players 

should be more twists and stunts

the beauty of interchangeable LBs

who's the Mike?

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edmunds over Milano!? :classic_blink:

By way of refresher, here's how our process works: Voters give us their best 10 players at a position, then we compile the results and rank candidates based on number of top-10 votes, composite average, along with dozens of interviews, research and film-study help from ESPN NFL analyst Matt Bowen. In total, more than 80 voters submitted a ballot on at least one position, and in many cases all positions. We had several ties, so we broke them with the help of additional voting and follow-up calls with those surveyed.

Execs, coaches, players rank NFL's top 10 off-ball linebackers for 2023

1. Fred Warner, 49ers

2. Roquan Smith, Ravens

3. Tremaine Edmunds (he moved from 7 last year to 3 this year)

4. Matt Milano, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 4 | Lowest ranking: Unranked

Long a productive player, Milano reached elite status in 2022, earning All-Pro first-team honors and his first Pro Bowl citation.

Known for his pass defense, Milano had three interceptions and 11 pass deflections on zero touchdowns allowed over 67 targets last season. He added 12 tackles for loss and was also a key run supporter for the league's fourth-ranked rushing defense.

"He doesn't look imposing, but you look up at the end of the game and he's stuffed the stats in every area," an AFC scout said. "Been a productive player for a long time. Just has a ton of instincts and savvy."

5. Devin White, Bucs

6. Demario Davis, Saints

7.  Shaquille Leonard, Colts

8. Nick Bolton, Chiefs

9. C. J. Mosley, Jets

10. Dee Greenlaw, 49ers

• Facepalm 1
  • O Rly 1