Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

News and Opinions

Ann

20 hours ago, Cinga said:

Yeah, I had a very liberal friend at work call me when the tax cuts kicked in to ask me why her check was bigger that month (we're salary paid monthly). She was shocked when I told her it was Trump tax cut but totally forgot about 2 years later when she tried to tell me how Trump raised her taxes. smdh.... When I reminded her of the phone call she tried to credit Obama with the tax cut

:frustration:

Sounds like someone who frequents Bills Zone. :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

how accurate do you need to be when dropping an atomic bomb on a narrow island?

Nagasaki Wasn't Actually The Primary Target For The Atomic Bomb (msn.com)

In the dark of the morning on August 9, the B-29 bomber Bockscar took off from Tinian Island in the Pacific, carrying a nuke named "Fat Boy." According to National Geographic, it headed for the city of Kokura, northeast of Nagasaki, on the opposite side of their Japanese island (Kyushu). Kokura was the primary target, due to its large military arsenal.

When the B-29 arrived, it had a problem. The bomb could only be targeted by sight, and due to cloud cover Kokura was not visible. The bomber circled in the air three times before the crew commander ruled they would head for the secondary target: Nagasaki.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

how accurate do you need to be when dropping an atomic bomb on a narrow island?

Nagasaki Wasn't Actually The Primary Target For The Atomic Bomb (msn.com)

In the dark of the morning on August 9, the B-29 bomber Bockscar took off from Tinian Island in the Pacific, carrying a nuke named "Fat Boy." According to National Geographic, it headed for the city of Kokura, northeast of Nagasaki, on the opposite side of their Japanese island (Kyushu). Kokura was the primary target, due to its large military arsenal.

When the B-29 arrived, it had a problem. The bomb could only be targeted by sight, and due to cloud cover Kokura was not visible. The bomber circled in the air three times before the crew commander ruled they would head for the secondary target: Nagasaki.

The plus/minus of high-altitude radar bombing was measured in thousands of feet, which was significant even for a 20kt bomb.

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The only reason companies would do this is to increase sales.  So who are the marketing people telling executives "If you add pronouns and a rainbow to your beer can, sales will increase 4% over the next 12 months!"

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/desantis-suspends-state-attorney-violating-oath-refusing-enforce-laws

"The constitution of Florida has vested the veto power in the governor, not in individual state attorneys," DeSantis said. "so, when you flagrantly violate your oath of office .. when you make yourself above the law, you have violated your duty and you have neglected your duty, and you are displaying a lack of competence to be able to perform those duties," he continued.

"And so today we are suspending state attorney Andrew Warren, effective immediately," DeSantis concluded to applause.

Update: DeSantis sent state police to physically remove Warren from his office, "with access only to retrieve his personal belongings, and (ii) to ensure that no files, papers, documents, notes, records, computers, or removable storage media are removed from the Office of the State Attorney...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The only reason companies would do this is to increase sales.  So who are the marketing people telling executives "If you add pronouns and a rainbow to your beer can, sales will increase 4% over the next 12 months!"

You know who thinks pronouns are stupid as shit?

Bud Light drinkers. 

Does anyone really think that someone who cares about pronouns like Ze/Zi drinks something other than a freaking appletini with a straw umbrella while hoping they don't get monkeypox at the sex party tonight?

At Walgreens the other day they had an display at the register for HerSHEys chocolate. They literally changed the billion-year-old graphic identity in hopes of selling more chocolate to chicks.

People are so effin' stupid.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Wife said she spotted a funnel cloud yesterday afternoon.  It was a pretty nasty series of storms that moved through last night.  

2 hours ago, devnull said:

Everything has gotten so bad so fast that even Zeus be like Let's Go Brandon

I can’t wait until Zeus is called to testify in front of congress. 

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

I can’t wait until Zeus is called to testify in front of congress. 

I doubt think Congress would risk calling Zeus to testify.  Dunno how familiar you are with Greek mythology, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if some members of Congress know Zeus from Espstein Island

4 minutes ago, devnull said:

I doubt think Congress would risk calling Zeus to testify.  Dunno how familiar you are with Greek mythology, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if some members of Congress know Zeus from Espstein Island

So maybe they call Russel Crowe instead?

• Applause 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Foxx said:

Apparently these strikes were at Lafayette Square...which is "outside the White House," but not too close.  Across what used to be Pennsylvania Ave.  Close, but not like it was in the front yard.

And two people have died of their injuries.  Older couple from Wisconsin.

• Sad 1