Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Biden's FBI Raids Mar-A-Lago

Foxx

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Helps to explain why there were 30 of them for 9 hours doesn't it?

I thought they were just sniffing Melania's underwear.

• Haha 2

American Stasi
by Josh Hammer

</snip>

Attorney General Merrick Garland's Thursday press conference, remarkably defensive and defiant in tone, did not dispel any concerns or assuage any critics. (Those critics, incidentally, include even former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang and disgraced former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.) The scuttlebutt is that Trump was hoarding deeply secretive, classified information deep in the bowels of Mar-a-Lago, in violation of the Presidential Records Act. But the back-and-forth between the National Archives and Trump's personal legal team surrounding the boxes of material, entirely routine for an ex-president when it comes to things like establishing a presidential library, was by all accounts unfolding amicably: A subpoena was issued this spring, Trump's lawyers were cooperative and archivists had already recalled 15 boxes earlier this year.

Furthermore, the Presidential Records Act isn't even a criminal statute, and probable cause for the violation of a criminal statute is the necessary precondition for a magistrate to sign off on a search warrant. As the case may be, the magistrate who signed off on this particular warrant, Bruce Reinhart, is a Jeffrey Epstein-connected ex-defense attorney who just so happened to donate thousands of dollars in 2008 to then-presidential candidate Barack Obama. Go figure.

</snip>

First, whatever documents Trump may have had in his private Mar-a-Lago possession, there was absolutely nothing there that is new to Biden, Garland, and FBI Director Christopher Wray; Trump has been out of office for nearly 19 months, by now. Second, as a former president, Trump had unilateral, plenary authority to declassify any document that he wanted to declassify—period. Without seeing the specific search warrant, then, it is impossible to know whether the documents the feds sought had already been declassified. Third, all ex-presidents receive various taxpayer-funded accoutrements, among them a staff with security clearances and secure facilities (SCIFs) for the maintenance of classified records. It simply beggars belief that any document at Mar-a-Lago was at risk of falling into the wrong hands.

</snip>

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

One important thing I haven't seen noted yet: ex-Presidents maintain their clearance and need-to-know.  It's possible for an ex-President to mishandle secret information (I don't know that Mar a Lago would be considered secure enough for possession and storage of documents.)  But it's virtually impossible for an ex-President to illegally be in possession of secrets.

• Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

One important thing I haven't seen noted yet: ex-Presidents maintain their clearance and need-to-know.  It's possible for an ex-President to mishandle secret information (I don't know that Mar a Lago would be considered secure enough for possession and storage of documents.)  But it's virtually impossible for an ex-President to illegally be in possession of secrets.

That might be what it's about but I'm not sure. If you remember, Trump declassified everything and anything to do with Clinton and the Russia collusion hoax just before leaving, and recently told Kash Patel to begin to release it since the Biden Admin was slow walking the disclosure. 

Add to that the Trump civil suit filed against Clinton and I'm betting that is what is in the boxes. And if so, you know some of them are still marked classified even though technically it no longer is.

Could be more to it, but I think this was the excuse they used and as a side benefit to the Democrats, it would delay the lawsuit, and disclosure to at least beyond the mid-terms... or so they hope... But I also bet it was all scanned and saved before the raid too

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 3

So now I'm seeing that the documents were related to nuclear weapons.

Trump wanted nukes!!! :classic_laugh:

It's embarrassing how stupid they believe we are.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

So now I'm seeing that the documents were related to nuclear weapons.

Trump wanted nukes!!! :classic_laugh:

It's embarrassing how stupid they believe we are.

that has morphed into "he has the nuke launch codes!"

only Biden would not ever change the codes

However, the location of the "football "could be in question

Biden probalby got rid of the "football", because he's a baseball guy

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, RkFast said:

So they are really going with "weapons of mass destruction??!!"

I cant believe it. 

Oh wait...yes I can.

Probably because it easily falls under terrorism statutes.

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Probably because it easily falls under terrorism statutes.

Former president is a domestic terrorist? Wasn’t that a plot on 24?

2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Former president is a domestic terrorist? Wasn’t that a plot on 24?

Next they'll be calling parents upset at their local school boards 'domestic terrorists'...

Oh, wait.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS!!!   [/every episode of 24]

I always liked the season where the terrorists cause a train accident to kidnap the Secretary of Defense to stream his execution on the internet to attack the firewalls that allows them to use the magic McGuffin to melt down a nuclear power plant, indirectly causing a blackout in LA that allows the terrorists to steal a stealth fighter to shoot down Air Force One so they can steal the nuclear football and use it to launch a missile in Iowa...

At which point my wife said "This show is so unrealistic.  No one ever goes to the bathroom."  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 5

Nouseforaname
13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I always liked the season where the terrorists cause a train accident to kidnap the Secretary of Defense to stream his execution on the internet to attack the firewalls that allows them to use the magic McGuffin to melt down a nuclear power plant, indirectly causing a blackout in LA that allows the terrorists to steal a stealth fighter to shoot down Air Force One so they can steal the nuclear football and use it to launch a missile in Iowa...

At which point my wife said "This show is so unrealistic.  No one ever goes to the bathroom."  :classic_laugh:

My favorite scene was when jack shot robocops wife’s knee right above the point where she would never be able to walk again because he’s that nice of a guy 😂😂😂

Deranged Rhino

This is what I expected - yet it's still kind of shocking... 

They're not after nuclear stuff, they're after declassified SpyGate stuff. Was a rumor, now (almost) confirmed): 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 4
  • Cheers 1