Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

31 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Too soon perhaps? Lets see if he functions first.....NM, that is hilarious!

It's called gallows humor, and yes, that was hilarious.

And if the Fishies don't want to get ridiculed for having potentially ended their "star" QBs career, well maybe they shouldn't put him in a position where there was a non-negligible chance his career might have potentially been ended by what would otherwise have been a normal routine play.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Related to this, I have been wondering what the record-keeping requirements are for the concussion protocol.  

Here's the examination they use in the locker room:  https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/bjsports/early/2017/04/26/bjsports-2017-097506SCAT5.full.pdf  There's nothing I find that says they have to use this form, or any other form, and keep records.

And of note, here's the NFL's publicly posted game day concussion checklist:

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1629470683/league/ovinvbctariqolangujz.pdf

Note who administers the locker room exam: UNC or the team physician.

Any athlete with suspected concussion should be REMOVED FROM PLAY, medically assessed and monitored for deterioration.

It was 10 minutes and no deterioration. Get out there and play!

• Facepalm 1

a lot of checking for a back/ankle injury

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/30/dr-allen-sills-tua-tagovailoa-was-checked-every-day-leading-up-to-thursdays-game/

Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL’s Chief Medical Officer, explained to Judy Battista of NFL Media that doctors repeatedly monitored Tua in the days following the game.

“Absolutely,” Sills said as to whether Tua was checked even after he was cleared. “I know that he was checked after the game. I know that he was checked the following day. In fact, every player who gets an examination on game day gets a follow-up exam the following day, even if that exam was negative. That’s part of our concussion protocol. And then I know that this player was checked every day leading up to the game.”

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

MacGruber?  Do we need any more evidence that Tua is severely mentally impaired?

There is going to be a time in the near future when McDaniels and his 'man of the people' schtick won't cut it. He looks like a guy who everyone loves, but is hiding bodies in the basement.

Last week, a Fish beat reporter was on NFL/SiriusXM and was ridiculously verklempt over how positive McDaniels is around everyone, and how loved he is, and how awesome he is...and I'm thinking, someone's got a man crush on McDaniels.

Crap Throwing Clavin
57 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

There is going to be a time in the near future when McDaniels and his 'man of the people' schtick won't cut it. He looks like a guy who everyone loves, but is hiding bodies in the basement.

Last week, a Fish beat reporter was on NFL/SiriusXM and was ridiculously verklempt over how positive McDaniels is around everyone, and how loved he is, and how awesome he is...and I'm thinking, someone's got a man crush on McDaniels.

Coach Pajama Boy is the apotheosis of beta-male culture.

• Like 1

What if this second concussion happened in the second half of the Bills game?  It was certainly possible at the time and only luck saved him in that game. I don’t see much of a distinction between last Sunday or 4 days later, Thursday. 

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Coach Pajama Boy is the apotheosis of beta-male culture.

Why yes ma’am, he shore amm!

Chandemonium
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Maybe the press is going to investigate? Ask tougher questions? Or naw?

I take the Cinnabon managers more seriously, for one or more of a few possible reasons.

Tua may not currently have the faculties to realize how poorly he’s been mishandled, due to the effects of 2 concussions in 4 days. 

Even if he does believe the Dolphins f-ed up and nearly killed him, Tua has a financial incentive to publicly play the good soldier and not speak out against his employer, until such time as he is either forced to prematurely end his football career and/or the lawsuit he has his lawyers working on is finalized.

Tua may be complicit in the cover up of his first concussion on some level, either through hiding symptoms from the team in hopes of being allowed to play, or agreeing to play despite him and the team both in knowing he shouldn’t. Speaking out against the team now would invite scrutiny that could potentially tarnish his image if his level of participation in a cover up were to come out. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

I take the Cinnabon managers more seriously, for one or more of a few possible reasons.

Tua may not currently have the faculties to realize how poorly he’s been mishandled, due to the effects of 2 concussions in 4 days. 

Even if he does believe the Dolphins f-ed up and nearly killed him, Tua has a financial incentive to publicly play the good soldier and not speak out against his employer, until such time as he is either forced to prematurely end his football career and/or the lawsuit he has his lawyers working on is finalized.

Tua may be complicit in the cover up of his first concussion on some level, either through hiding symptoms from the team in hopes of being allowed to play, or agreeing to play despite him and the team both in knowing he shouldn’t. Speaking out against the team now would invite scrutiny that could potentially tarnish his image if his level of participation in a cover up were to come out. 

Cinnabon guy is one thing….how about the 26 neurologists I’ve seen using words like “dangerous” “horrifying” etc.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin

This is EXACTLY why the concussion protocol needs to be MUCH different.  Players do not care about the long term consequences of their immediate decisions.  They have to be completely removed from the equation on whether they can play.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's going to be real interesting when Pajama Boy announces Tua will start next week.