Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

34 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Fkuc Miami, I have a feeling the players will push back at coaches/management pushing for them to play when seriously injured. I foresee a very real rift happening in the Miami locker room very soon.

Hopefully.  Could just as easily see them taking the stance that the world is singling them out for what is a pretty common practice throughout much of the league.

• Like 1

The infuriating thing about this situation is how obvious and clear it was that Tua got a concussion last week and that he should have been out of the game and should not have played last night either.  I've heard so much criticism of the NFL today and they might deserve it, but if the protocols they put in place are not followed, then the blame really falls to the team, their medical staff, the coach, and perhaps the unaffiliated concussion people that evaluated Tua.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Big Gun said:

Fkuc Miami, I have a feeling the players will push back at coaches/management pushing for them to play when seriously injured. I foresee a very real rift happening in the Miami locker room very soon.

I think this is pretty spot on as well. And remember, HC Pajama Boy is of the Shanahan tree and we know that history of injured players still out there only to get hurt worse

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

“White guy who pretends to be a black guy seems dishonest. More at 11!”

But....If my player was not put into the concussion protocol to begin with....well then I will skate the rules.  The initial Dr that cleared him to play last Sunday is #1 to blame. The Dolphin team themselves are #1A. They should have decided to protect their player if the Dr cleared him.

3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

But....If my player was not put into the concussion protocol to begin with....well then I will skate the rules.  The initial Dr that cleared him to play last Sunday is #1 to blame. The Dolphin team themselves are #1A. They should have decided to protect their player if the Dr cleared him.

I remember when Mike Tomlin held out Ryan Clark from playing in the altitude in Denver, despite the doctor's clearing him.  I'm not much of a fan of Tomlin's game coaching but in that instance he made the right decision.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I remember when Mike Tomlin held out Ryan Clark from playing in the altitude in Denver, despite the doctor's clearing him.  I'm not much of a fan of Tomlin's game coaching but in that instance he made the right decision.

Agree 100%

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Hopefully.  Could just as easily see them taking the stance that the world is singling them out for what is a pretty common practice throughout much of the league.

Most likely "We followed the protocols to the letter, so we're not responsible, the league is."

Shifting and diffusing responsibility is always a much better defense than lying or dismissal with "everybody's doing it." 

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Big Gun said:

Especially when this skid continues.

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Most likely "We followed the protocols to the letter, so we're not responsible, the league is."

Shifting and diffusing responsibility is always a much better defense than lying or dismissal with "everybody's doing it." 

Exactly. So here is my question. Because the independent Neurologist "missed it" is it required for Miami to follow protocol? I would say no. In fact, because there was no concussion they only had to focus on the supposed backache. As @Alaska Darinreplied above the adult in the room should have said, no you are not going back in to Turndaballova last week. The blame will rest on that Dr I'm afraid.   That is their scapegoat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Meant inside the room.  The OP wondered if the players would turn on management over this.  Was suggesting it MIGHT actually go the other way.

Expect the public stance of the players will be that they stand w/ Tua, wish him the best, & trust the medical professionals that said he has an ankle boo boo.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Exactly. So here is my question. Because the independent Neurologist "missed it" is it required for Miami to follow protocol? I would say no. In fact, because there was no concussion they only had to focus on the supposed backache. As @Alaska Darinreplied above the adult in the room should have said, no you are not going back in to Turndaballova last week. The blame will rest on that Dr I'm afraid.   That is their scapegoat.

Related to this, I have been wondering what the record-keeping requirements are for the concussion protocol.  

Here's the examination they use in the locker room:  https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/bjsports/early/2017/04/26/bjsports-2017-097506SCAT5.full.pdf  There's nothing I find that says they have to use this form, or any other form, and keep records.

And of note, here's the NFL's publicly posted game day concussion checklist:

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1629470683/league/ovinvbctariqolangujz.pdf

Note who administers the locker room exam: UNC or the team physician.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I bet Brian Flores is smiling his ass off today.  "I'm not going to lie for you clowns anymore."

Unhygienic hoodie-wearing serial killer:  "I got this."