Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Chat

B-Man

Some of you guys probably noticed that I have a soft spot for Tua. Having lived in Alabama for a couple of years I became a casual fan of the Crimson tide. Nothing die hard mind you or anything near our Buffalo Bills. Having 2 Bama QB's enter into the AFC East has made it a little weird. I will say I'm also not a big fan of Mac Jones. Tua on the other hand is different. I remember watching him in college and thinking his pin point accuracy while standing in the pocket or on the move will translate well into the NFL. Kid also has the heart of a Lion. After the hip injury I wasn't sure how the story would go when it comes to football. Tua worked hard to regain his throwing motion. It was a long time coming, but this season we started to see flashes of the Tua I watched in College. It was a long road back. After the loss to the fish I watched Tua and Josh embrace and it was a bitter sweet moment for me.

Tua Tagovailoa should not have been permitted to continue playing in the Bills game. Common sense after watching him stagger around while trying to stand should have been all that was needed. What I find even more disturbing is the HC of the football team showed total disregard for the health of his player... 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Everyone in the world “woah! That football player is concussed” 

Neurologist: “actualllshieee” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Miami quarterback: if I were Tua Tagovailoa, I would retire and not play again; no team will touch him and he is good, a great player, huge potential, but he is now vulnerable; no money is worth it

he is 24, and gut-wrenching decision, but he must hang it up now; this was no back injury, it was a concussion last Sunday; involuntary finger reaction was a response to the neurological damage

he has guaranteed 30 million I think, so walk away. Think of a wife one day and children. think of your health. it is not worth it, and at the least, place the ‘retire’ work in the center of the table in any discussion.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Dubs said:

We’ve seen this story before:

- witness something with our own eyes

- “Experts” conclude something that not one person with a functioning brain (no pun intended) and at least one eye would agree with. 

- beta males “trust the ‘science’/‘expert’”

- science/experts/beta males all get humiliated

next up: 

- phony speech about how “this isn’t who we are” “we need to do better” and “as coach I take full responsibility but totally don’t take any responsibility. 

- world moves on. 

A little miffed about this whole incident because on another site a poster responded to a post about people needing to be fired over this as the whole thing being a "conspiracy theory."  This from somebody that is usually pretty level headed and has been around contact sports in both playing & coaching capacities so he's SEEN actual concussions and should've known what was going on. 

Miami cared more about the game than Tua because it was their Superbowl & got lucky on Sunday but their luck unsurprisingly ran out on Thursday.  But pointing that out was engaging in a "conspiracy theory."  When reasonable, intelligent people trust what they're told rather than what THEY THEMSELVES SEE; we've got huge problems.

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Miami cared more about the game than Tua because it was their Superbowl & got lucky on Sunday but their luck unsurprisingly ran out on Thursday.  But pointing that out was engaging in a "conspiracy theory."  When reasonable, intelligent people trust what they're told rather than what THEY THEMSELVES SEE; we've got huge problems.

Totally agree, some on this site have accused me of falling prey to such "conspiracy theories" but I trust my own senses, knowledge, and experience. This whole Tua incident has been a brief glimpse into the modern day "science" that is fed via the MSM. During that Buffalo game it was clear to anyone that a player who gets up, can barely walk, and is woozy after a hit should not be let back into the very same game much less be on the field 4 days later vulnerable to even more hits.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Holy scapegoat, Batman!

So he was evaluated and cleared within 30 minutes and no one from the team had any opinion or input before they put him back in the game?  Riiiiiiiiight.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Holy scapegoat, Batman!

So he was evaluated and cleared within 30 minutes and no one from the team had any opinion or input before they put him back in the game?  Riiiiiiiiight.

It’s such a joke.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Holy scapegoat, Batman!

Caretaker was crucified for sleeping at his post.

They're refusing to be pacified, it's him they blame the most.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Caretaker was crucified for sleeping at his post.

They're refusing to be pacified, it's him they blame the most.

Doctor Parkinson got fired I guess.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Dubs said:

We’ve seen this story before:

- witness something with our own eyes

- “Experts” conclude something that not one person with a functioning brain (no pun intended) and at least one eye would agree with. 

- beta males “trust the ‘science’/‘expert’”

- science/experts/beta males all get humiliated

next up: 

- phony speech about how “this isn’t who we are” “we need to do better” and “as coach I take full responsibility but totally don’t take any responsibility. 

- world moves on. 

You forgot the part where they scapegoat someone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ann said:

So they fired the independent neurologist, but it was the team doctor who has final say on whether or not he returned to the game.

What the…? What is the point of having an unaffiliated neurologist if they have no decision making power? It’s still the team that has final say? The team that has vested interest in the game and not the player? Not that they would do this…but the team could have questions about whether they want to pay Tua the big bucks on a next contract, they also want to win todays game. Send him back out there, he gives them the best chance to win today and when he gets injured his value drops for the next contract - win/win.

I was always under the impression that the unaffiliated neuro was the one with the say in whether the player returns to play.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ann said:

So they fired the independent neurologist, but it was the team doctor who has final say on whether or not he returned to the game.

The "hostility" was caused by this guy not playing along with the injured back scam.

could be that he disagreed with the "back injury" and was overruled by the team doctor, 

and then refused to play along with the cover up (investigation)