Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

29 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Seinfeld movie references.  I forgot how many there were, and several I never picked up on.

Im a bit young for some of the movie references (40) so I never would have caught a bunch of those. Absolutely brilliant though. It makes me love the show even more. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Seinfeld movie references.  I forgot how many there were, and several I never picked up on.

Wayne Knight plays Newman in Seinfeld, and Numa in JFK...in the same position in each of the demos.  That's great attention to detail.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently a registered sex offender just rented the house directly across the street from the elementary school bus stop in my neighborhood. The rap sheet is supposed to be pretty lengthy too. And the landlord is someone who lives in this neighborhood too. This is going to get ugly really fast. 

Oh, and just last week the bus driver let off all the kids there 30 minutes earlier than normal and only one parent was actually there. 

Edited by shrader

Crap Throwing Clavin
30 minutes ago, shrader said:

Apparently a registered sex offender just rented the house directly across the street from the elementary school bus stop in my neighborhood. The rap sheet is supposed to be pretty lengthy too. And the landlord is someone who lives in this neighborhood too. This is going to get ugly really fast. 

Oh, and just last week the bus driver let off all the kids there 30 minutes earlier than normal and only one parent was actually there. 

About half the states have laws establishing residency restrictions for registered sex offenders.  Check your state laws: if his rap sheet is that lengthy, and he's not just some dipshit who pulled a Travis Henry, it may be a simple matter to have him arrested.

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

About half the states have laws establishing residency restrictions for registered sex offenders.  Check your state laws: if his rap sheet is that lengthy, and he's not just some dipshit who pulled a Travis Henry, it may be a simple matter to have him arrested.

It looks like the only restriction is living near a school. My guess is that the bus stop winds up being moved. It’s in a bad location anyway, an area that no longer makes any sense as construction has expanded the neighborhood significantly. 

Crap Throwing Clavin

The kitten - really, cat now, as he's 14 months old - caught a mouse yesterday.  Didn't kill it...crippled it, then brought it to my sister-in-law for disposal.  

Yes, she freaked out.  But you have never seen a more proud creature strut around with a sense of accomplishment than this cat.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 4:01 PM, shrader said:

Landlord is now defending his choice in tenants. This should be good. 

Crap Throwing Clavin

So the kitten this morning: stole some pineapple and coconut jam of my wife's toast.  Then ran outside and played in the rain when I opened the front door.

The little freak literally likes pina colada and getting caught in the rain.  

• Haha 4

Billsandhorns
On 10/8/2021 at 8:06 AM, Foxx said:

I used to have a cat who would do that. Never more proud than when he would bring a baby rabbit home to me, which happened a few times.

We had a cat that would bring various animals home. One night he proudly brought a live rattlesnake into the middle of the living room

• Doh! 1
  • Wow 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Billsandhorns said:

We had a cat that would bring various animals home. One night he proudly brought a live rattlesnake into the middle of the living room

That's actually pretty impressive.

My cat chased away a dog last night.  Decent-sized - 30-40 lbs or so.  Also tried to climb a deer.

But somehow, the little freak is afraid of yappy little Lhasa-type rag mops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I'm in a meeting about scheduling another meeting to discuss whether or not yet another meeting is useful and productive.  

Have a great Air Force Day!  

Crap Throwing Clavin

I woke up this morning with the realization that a small number of girls world-wide are just becoming old enough to ask the question "Mom, why is my name 'Khaleesi'?"  

• Haha 1