Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Appropos of nothing thread.

Joe

9 minutes ago, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

I have used this on my dog before. It's true, it makes them faster and smarter, but also quicker in smaller spaces and 3 cone drills.

Can we get some of that for Tre Edmunds?

• Haha 5

Forgot to set an alarm, slept through start of my 7am meeting, and when I went to join 20 minutes late discovered it was moved to tomorrow at the last minute.   😴

• FANtastic 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Forgot to set an alarm, slept through start of my 7am meeting, and when I went to join 20 minutes late discovered it was moved to tomorrow at the last minute.   😴

What you don't know is they were pissed off and blamed you in the third minute!

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Best drummers of all time:

1) Buddy Rich

2) Neil Peart

3) John Bonham

Next to last) My cat chasing a furry mouse toy upstairs.

Last) Lars Ulrich

Ouch, a little harsh on the cat, don't you think?

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Unbelievable &#%$ing chuckleheads.  Twelve people just spent two days trying to debug a script...it took me precisely thirty seconds to find that they'd spelled "load" L-A-O-D.  

That's almost $24k of your tax money down the drain, for a mother&#%$ing spelling error.  &#%$ing harebrained ass polyps I work with.  :wallbash:

How the hell have you not shot up the place yet?

I woke up with a stiff neck/shoulder and can barely turn my head. But hey, a few hours later I found out that I got a promotion. So hey, I get to celebrate that by sitting in bed all day. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Wake up this morning to an email..."Can you explain how to fix this?"

Yes.  First drink some bleach.  Then hit yourself in the head with a hammer.  Then go play on some railroad tracks - shiny ones. 

Jesus &#%$ing Christ.

DC Tom wanting to respond to the morning email typing "you're an idiot"
Doctor strangelove GIF - Find on GIFER 

22 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"We changed it, it's still not working."

Checks script...

"You changed the wrong word.  You now have two misspelled words.  What is wrong with you?"

You and I should collaborate on a book.  No one would believe half of the stories.

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

Go for a walk and find the Buffalo themed food truck in the next neighborhood. Unexpected beef on weck for dinner tonight!

Going to try a  beef weck Stromboli for next year.  

• Cheers 1

5 or 6 military helicopters just flew over my house in formation. We see some interesting stuff since we’re a short distance from Fort Bragg. I just wish I was able to identify the planes/helicopters when they fly over. 

33 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Today at work:

"Hey, I don't recognize these accounts in the database.  They must be people who left the project.  I'm going to delete them."

No, you goddamn &#%$head, they're new people who joined the project this week, who I added Monday.  :wallbash:

Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.

Flip side of that is:

Me:  Why are these people still in the database?  They both quit months ago.  We pay license fees per seat you know.

Marketing:  We haven't finished transferring their projects to other team members

Me:  How long does that take?

Marketing:  Not sure, we haven't really looked into it.

(Note:  we ended up firing the head of Marketing from those days).

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Wait...what?  Someone turned an SNL skit into an actual product?  And it's not a floor cleaner?

Speaking of SNL, I just randomly flipped to nbc and was greeted with Phil Hartman and then a Wayne’s World skit. That was a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 1

I saw three consecutive magazines on the rack at the grocery store today with Van Halen, Alex Trebek, and Sean Connery on the covers. I figured “hey, it’s all the issues for people who just died”. Then I noticed that the next one over had John Lennon. I thought, ok, during my lifetime, they’re pushing it a bit. Then the next one? George Washington. 

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I’m listening to music I haven’t heard in at least 15 years yet I remember every single word. Is everybody like that?

Since getting SiriusXM I've heard songs I haven't heard in decades.  Invariably I not only remember every word, but my steering wheel drumming is spot on.